Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Revealed

Associate
I just got this recently, Ive only played it for 30 mins or so. I played the Beta a long time ago and I enjoyed it.

So basically...

I need some pals!

If anyone is looking for a player, a noob player. Count me in.

I used to play a lot of Rainbow Six 3 back in the day, but haven't play Siege yet because none of my regular gaming buddies want to play it :(

My UPlay ID is tangoechoalpha_ if you want to add me (don't forget the underscore).

Soldato
I used to play a lot of Rainbow Six 3 back in the day, but haven't play Siege yet because none of my regular gaming buddies want to play it :(

My UPlay ID is tangoechoalpha_ if you want to add me (don't forget the underscore).

Raven Shield, right??

I used to LOVE that game!! This is the closest thing to it I've ever found.

I don't mind CS:GO demolition mode too, but plays completely differently of course, and I'm awful at it!

Edit: SWAT 4 maybe?

Last edited:
Associate
Chris [BEANS];30041849 said:
Raven Shield, right??

I used to LOVE that game!! This is the closest thing to it I've ever found.

Yes mate, Raven Shield. Used to love that game, put so many hours into it :D

Also, got a couple of friend requests - Etheco and Anderzz2011. Anyone from here before I accept them?

Last edited:
Associate
Is Rainbow Six Siege worth it?

Hey, the game is on sale at the moment for £15, I played the free weekend and it seemed pretty good but was lacking in variety. Is it worth buying or not?

Soldato
What are the flaws? Unbalanced?

Nah not at all I actually thought it was well balanced. Hitreg was amongst the worst I've ever seen at times and average at best.

Could get the drop on someone and headshot them a few times only to have them turn around and kill you.

Ranked disconnection is an absolute sod especially when reconnect was **** at the best of times. I believe this has improved though.

There also appears to be quite a lot of advantage given to those with high pings. To the extent they can peak and shoot before your client even sees them. An awful lot of players were (are?) using VPNs/connecting to the wrong data centre in order to give themselves the advantage.

I haven't played in a few months so it may well have changed with the latest patch but I'm not overly optimistic.

Soldato
The Hit reg is shocking sometimes on Siege but you live with it, that and peekers advantage which plays in this a fair bit.

Stoked for the Jap operators to come out on Thursday though

Soldato
What do you guys think of the new operators? The shock robot is kinda of good but it doesn't do any damage. Think the victim gets different symptoms depending on where they get shocked. I had one above my head and when socked the screen went black then red, couldn't see a thing. Another time it was on the floor and the screen wobbled...

The defender Jap operator is kinda of lame, her perk is just the same as Ash's unless I'm missing something. Not played the new map yet.

Associate
The new defender is Echo, with the drone. That seems very handy and is hard to spot at times with an attacker. With good communication he can disorient someone so you can push their position.

Hibana is the new attacker. She can blow holes in reinforced wall panels, bit like Thermite but not a whole panel with one special, more like a large murder hole, but you can link them up to make an opening.

The new map seems like it's based more on the one level than multiple ways to come down into an objective. Lots and of roamers.

New uniforms are pretty weak, just a colour change. Elite skins are far too expensive and offer far worse camo.

People with a high ping still get a big advantage IMO, wish you could region lock for matchmaking.

Soldato
Since the update anyone noticed performance issues? I'm getting dropped frames on most maps now where as before it was just the Brazilian stage. Also are there talks of more DLC in the new year or is that it for the game?

Associate
Ran into my first cheater tonight since battleye was introduced, maybe it had something to do with the free weekend/ sale recently. However I haven't seen battleye broadcast any bans in a long time so hopefully it hasn't gone soft on us... Last thing this game needs now is another cheating epidemic just as it was starting to gain ground again on PC.

Soldato
Anyone on here still playing this ? I'm absolutely loving it again got back into it with a couple of friends and when you get playing as a team it is epic .. plus there's a mid season update or tomorrow with university map and some changes so looking forward to that !

If anyone fancies adding me my in game username on uplay is D0G__
If your on when I'm on will send a message and see if you fancy a few games as a squad of 5 :D

Back
Top Bottom