*** The official Asus ROG Swift PG348Q 34" ultra-wide thread ***

Associate
Got mine 3 weeks ago and after a week the monitor failed to start - just blue power LED flashing and no power to the screen - could not get the OSD up as well. Tried various PCs and inputs and got the same result. I am getting shipped a replacement power supply as I want to try that first before RMA of the monitor - read a forum post on overclock.net that suggests the power brick may be the issue. Should be with me this week so hopefully that fixes the issue - I miss the monitor and the g-sync a LOT! :)

Soldato
Hi guys I think I have dirt or dust behind screen. As you can see from pics its black and bigger than a pixel, its also deeper than the display pixels.

Shall I return it? it was amazon prime so would be no bother.

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0R5oqs3qGesHLL

I would do, multiple dirt/pixels would be classed as faulty anyway. Not something you expect from a £1k monitor.

Associate
Just ordered one. Managed to score free delivery to Spain because I'm still waiting on my Evga GTX 1080 SC :( Sadly the monitor will show up first.

Upgrading from a Samsung SA950. I guess my GTX 780 will struggle with this while I wait for the 1080?

Soldato
I guess my GTX 780 will struggle with this while I wait for the 1080?
I had to use my two GTX 780ti in SLi for few days before my GTX 1080 turned up and the main problem I had was they kept running out of vram with only having 3GB..
(Guessing they would have still ran games ok if I turned down all the in game settings :p)

Last edited:
Associate
I was running GTX 670 in SLI for a week before my 1080 turned up, and I was playing games on my usual settings without any issues. Just try it and see :)

Associate
Finally took the plunge. Superb monitor ruined by backlight bleed:

bleed.jpg

It's a stark contrast from the results the guys at TFT Central got and I'm really quite annoyed at the apparent lack of QC from Asus.

Anyway new one on it's way, just hope it's not a batch problem :(

p.s. Photo came out blue but screen was black and 27 brightness.

Last edited:
Associate
That looks terrible. Really want to try superwide out but don't want to play the panel lottery especially when my Swift is great.

Associate
Finally took the plunge. Superb monitor ruined by backlight bleed:

bleed.jpg

It's a stark contrast from the results the guys at TFT Central got and I'm really quite annoyed at the apparent lack of QC from Asus.

Anyway new one on it's way, just hope it's not a batch problem :(

p.s. Photo came out blue but screen was black and 27 brightness.

Mate, I feel your pain - it's literally identical to mine! Same top left corner has the most bleed and you'll see on mine near enough the same bleed pattern. Could be a batch problem.
Got my monitor on Saturday and only just had the chance to set it up. Literally saw your post and it was like someone else had taken a pic of my monitor :mad:

https://postimg.org/image/pq8y2of2z/

Last edited:
Associate
Just got mine today along with my GTX 1080. I'm blown away, it's a beast! So nice to have the extra real estate on desktop. Only tried Skyrim so far but looked fantastic. Waiting on F4SE to be updated to try Fallout.

No problems I can see so far. BLB doesn't seem too bad. It's a solid monitor and to be honest I can see where my grand went. Well pleased with the purchase.

Associate
Their QC is reserved for reviewers - you may bet they get the best units possible ;) Its not limited to Asus though - pretty much everyone is doing it. That's why review channels/sites are useless for gauging quality level - you need to look at feedback from random people (buying from same store as you) for that.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Their QC is reserved for reviewers - you may bet they get the best units possible ;) Its not limited to Asus though - pretty much everyone is doing it. That's why review channels/sites are useless for gauging quality level - you need to look at feedback from random people (buying from same store as you) for that.

you can't discount every review on a quality control front based on those assumptions really. Some review samples come from PR teams at the manufacturer, so yes, you're likely to get a decent sample from a QC point of view - you're unlikely to get a review sample with lots of dead pixels or loads of backlight bleed most of the time. Although you'd be surprised really, i've had quite a few units which haven't been brilliant or perfect in that regard :) You'll see from plenty of our reviews at TFTCentral that also other issues are often identified by us and reported on (overshoot problems, weird DP bugs, overclocking anomalies etc). if it's a concern, you can just ignore the "backlight bleed" section of the review but the rest of the review should apply to other samples.

however, many of our reviews are from samples which come direct from stock from certain e-shops and are unopened and just random samples. True, you still only get a sample of 1 to test, but it's certainly "fairer" than any PR sample is likely to be. I've also had samples of screens which have come straight from production lines in Europe (or even direct from Japan in some cases) where they are un-tested, un-used etc. those are often the very early reviews before the screen has even been to the PR team. i've had plenty which have come to me first for review, and then gone in to their review sample channel and PR team :) so again, a fairer sample of 1 to test.

user opinions are certainly useful as a further indication, but you have to be a little careful with that too as it does get significantly skewed online. You will always see far more negative reports on forums etc than you will positive reports, it's just the nature of it. you're far more likely to post a negative experience than a positive experience with anything like this. also, i've seen many cases in the past where "issues" are poorly identified and are not a fair, realistic representation of the reality. i'm certainly not discounting these screens do have problems and QC issues, i've certainly seen plenty of legit cases and poor quality examples. but just making the point you still have to take a lot of the online reports of QC with a pinch of salt or be careful.

It's not at all un-heard of for some manufacturers to deliberately bad-mouth others online as well to damage their brand or product. i've heard of it happening in quite a few cases. you can normally spot it from those new members who only seem to have joined a site to have a moan, and go round lots of websites doing the same thing with very little real evidence or information. again, just something to be wary of as it does happen. also be careful of those people who just hate a given manufacturer because of a previous bad experience and either bring up their case at every opportunity, or use it as a reason to bad mouth that manufacturer proactively. obviously some people have had horrible experiences with support, returns etc and i'm not denying some of it must be really infuriating. Just another thing to be wary of when reading user reports of these things.

Back
Top Bottom