Tap. Pay. UK. - Android Pay in the UK

Soldato
Not very impressed Google emailed me to tell me the Nationwide card I tried to add before, is now supported. Gee, thanks for saving my card details, bro? :rolleyes:

Soldato
Is it really a bad thing that they save what kind of card it is? I'd say it it is a good thing as it gives them stats to show the banks that don't support AP yet.

Soldato
Is it really a bad thing that they save what kind of card it is? I'd say it it is a good thing as it gives them stats to show the banks that don't support AP yet.
Yeah I guess if they just noted the bank and then wiped details. Just feels a bit "wrong" to me.

Soldato
Not very impressed Google emailed me to tell me the Nationwide card I tried to add before, is now supported. Gee, thanks for saving my card details, bro? :rolleyes:

How do you know they're saving card details? Could simply have registered the fact it was a Nationwide card, doesn't mean they stored the rest (unless it's added your card without you needing to enter any details again).

Man of Honour
I don't see what the issue is?

You attempted to add a card, the card was not supported at the time, but Android Pay stored that failed add attempt to notify you when it was supported, which it now has done.

None of my cards are supported, so I fired up Android Pay just now to check a,d indeed all 3 cards are in there, but when you click them, you have to enter the CVV number, so they're not storing /all/ your card details.

Soldato
Not sure what happened the other day went to pay for something and the phone vibrated and just brought up the android pay app showing my card. Tried about 4 times, then resorted to just using the card instead.

Soldato
Seems Safetynet has now been updated to detect unlocked bootloaders which means no more android pay for people with that.

Hope the decision is reversed or someone can find a way around it.

Soldato
Don't see a problem with that to be honest - it sucks but they need to protect Android Pay from rougue apps with root privileges.

I can see it from the Root side of things sure, I don't use root though, I mainly have a unlocked bootloader nowadays to hide the nav keys.

Even Apple pay works with jailbroken phones :rolleyes:

Soldato
I'm getting a bit miffed with Android Pay now. Went to a new coffee shop next to the tube station, went to pay with AP. Card machine beeps (tick), AP shows a tick and beeps (tick).. but the girl tells me it didn't go through? Huh? :confused: So I check my AP history, no transaction. I ask if she's sure.. yes. Oh ok. I'll try again. Same thing. Machine beeps, phone beeps and shows a success. Yet it doesn't go through. What's going on? :confused:

She said it didn't go through again, girlfriend is getting impatient and insisted it must have as the machine beeped (it shouldn't unless transaction was succesfull).. so in the end the girl is nice and I get a free coffee. Could be worse but still what a faff. I think I'd sooner reach for my card rather than take the chance. Which is not a good sign.

Anyone else had all that bother? It's not the first time.

Soldato
I'm getting a bit miffed with Android Pay now. Went to a new coffee shop next to the tube station, went to pay with AP. Card machine beeps (tick), AP shows a tick and beeps (tick).. but the girl tells me it didn't go through? Huh? :confused: So I check my AP history, no transaction. I ask if she's sure.. yes. Oh ok. I'll try again. Same thing. Machine beeps, phone beeps and shows a success. Yet it doesn't go through. What's going on? :confused:

She said it didn't go through again, girlfriend is getting impatient and insisted it must have as the machine beeped (it shouldn't unless transaction was succesfull).. so in the end the girl is nice and I get a free coffee. Could be worse but still what a faff. I think I'd sooner reach for my card rather than take the chance. Which is not a good sign.

Anyone else had all that bother? It's not the first time.
Happened to me in Greggs a couple weeks ago 3 attempts but it kept failing girl was going to give me it all free but I offered to pay with a different card I luckily carry.

She still gave me a free coffee though

Soldato
I kept getting the same issue with AP in my local Tesco, but it's been fine everywhere else so I figured it was there problem. Though it would generally work on the 2nd attempt.

Associate
No problem for me as I went to Tesco then use self check in and use contactless button then use my s7 edge with android pay that went fine.. I haven't any issue for months. See. It easy to use.

Back
Top Bottom