Tap. Pay. UK. - Android Pay in the UK

Soldato
http://officialandroid.blogspot.com/2016/03/tap-pay-uk.html

"Android Pay will support MasterCard and Visa credit and debit cards from many of the UK’s major financial institutions — including Bank of Scotland, First Direct, Halifax, HSBC, Lloyds Bank, M&S Bank, MBNA and Nationwide Building Society — with new banks being added all the time."

Android Pay is coming! Hopefully it's adoption over here goes well.

Soldato
OP
What bothers me about this sort of thing though is if you keep your cash cards in a phone wallet, how do you know which device/account is going to be charged if you just present your phone case to the reader?
I assume you can select a 'default' card if you have more than one in the wallet, and you can easily switch between them with a simple tap to select or something. No idea on what tech it employs vs Samsung Pay yet.

Soldato
OP
I'm with Llyods so I'm looking forward to seeing how it all works on my 6P. Nice to see Google actually making the effort because when AP was announced I said it would fail since they rarely recognise any country outside their own.

Soldato
OP
Been using AP since it's release and it hugely frustrates me that TFL (transport for london) bus inspectors still haven't a clue about it at all. Almost once a week I get pestered by them and this morning whilst I was getting off, an inspector gets on!

I show him the 'Pending' payment that exists on the AP app and it's still not enough. His machine when touching the front or back of my phone wouldn't register my card either. Eventually he let me pass, whilst the bus sat at my bus stop for 5mins.

On the tube and at retail outlets I've never had an issue.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Also enjoying the promotion so far. Managed to bag me Odeon tickets and the £3 Costa credit. I don't drink at these places though so no idea what to really do! So far AP has been flawless for me on the 6P. Hasn't failed me once at places like Boots, Waitrose, and TFL.

Soldato
OP
I received a notification last night, which I foolishly cleared before I fully read it. It was something about a card being removed from android pay as the promotion was over. However my £3 Costa card still is still there. The Costa FAQ states that e-cards are usable for 12months.

Back
Top Bottom