PWC: Project White Craze

Associate
OP
The PSU and bottom radiator cover is ready. I dedicate this build to my lovely children and you can see their names on it. :)

The two rectangular cuts in front are for the temperature display. There is an opening for the gpu cables on the top. It is made out of the 5mm thick clear acrylic sheet; which was bent, cut, painted and etched for lighting up the text and the design.

I will be using RGB strip under this and control it by Asus Motherboard RGB header.

29807859756_2d7a009f80_b.jpg

29550577770_c9cb62e682_b.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Looking good, class touch having the kids names on the PSU shroud :)

Can I ask what paint you used on the acrylic? I'm planning on putting a design onto a piece of backlit frosted acrylic but am undecided whether to use black vinyl or to spray it...

Associate
OP
Looking good, class touch having the kids names on the PSU shroud :)

Can I ask what paint you used on the acrylic? I'm planning on putting a design onto a piece of backlit frosted acrylic but am undecided whether to use black vinyl or to spray it...

Thanks mate.

Nothing fancy. Plasti-kote Gloss White multi purpose paint.

Associate
Cracking, looks like I'll be ordering some of that in black then! Did you have any problems pulling the tape off? I did look at Plati-dip & Plasti-kote before but was worried it would lift when the stencil was removed...

Associate
OP
Cracking, looks like I'll be ordering some of that in black then! Did you have any problems pulling the tape off? I did look at Plati-dip & Plasti-kote before but was worried it would lift when the stencil was removed...

no issues at all as you can see the finish of the end item. just be patient and take your time. ;)

Associate
OP
The loop is ready and filled. But rest of the rig is no where close to the finish line.

- Top and front covers are off. Both of them will be painted white. Also I need to cut out front cover to make enough space for 360mm radiator, which is mounted towards the outside.

- Making out an extension on the front cover as the original cover is not big enough to hide the thick 360mm rad.

- The PSU and bottom rad shroud is ready. Pics in previous post.

- White mesh to cover inside of top and front rads.

29881735456_1fef863c96_b.jpg

Associate
OP
I have spent some time preparing this 'Edge Lit' Galax Hall of Fame logo. This will go in front of the pump and will be one of the center piece of this build. It is hand engraved on a clear acrylic sheet and back of it is painted black to add some contrast. Used white led's at the bottom to light it up.

30190712045_600c7df976_b.jpg

30190710875_1cf52b78c5_b.jpg

30190711085_52354ed60c_b.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Looks really good. Probably just the picture but if you're not getting as much brightness at the top, you're supposed to be able to improve it by engraving deeper so the light isn't occluded bt the engraving closer to the light.

Associate
OP
Looks really good. Probably just the picture but if you're not getting as much brightness at the top, you're supposed to be able to improve it by engraving deeper so the light isn't occluded bt the engraving closer to the light.

that's a good point. I think pictures make it look worse than how it looks in real :D

Soldato
Looking nice. Vertical dual monitor stack....there's something you don't see very often. Will have to think of going vertical next time I argue with my wife....build the wall a little higher ;)

Associate
OP
Looking nice. Vertical dual monitor stack....there's something you don't see very often. Will have to think of going vertical next time I argue with my wife....build the wall a little higher ;)
Thanks mate. Vertical monitor mount saves a lot of space; at-least in one dimension. You just need to get the monitor tilt right to avoid straining your neck :)

Back
Top Bottom