PWC: Project White Craze

Associate
28784035021_fe9b5fd77d_b.jpg

It's time to do another build log named PWC: Project White Craze. Last year I finished the Project Silicon Talisman and this project will be inheriting a lot of bits and pieces from that. It is more of a refresh than a scratch build.

The key difference, hardware wise, will be upgrade to the x99 platform. I am keeping my gpu's as they are still doing an excellent job for me.

Ofcourse I will be using the hard line tubing and a shift from 'Red-White' to 'White' only theme.

Here is the list of all the components:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-5820K
RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance 2666MHz DDR4 (4x8gb)
Motherboard: ASUS X99-A II
GPUs: 2x Sli Nvidia Galax/KFA2 GeForce GTX 980 Hall of Fame (HOF)
PSU: SuperFlower Leadex GOLD 1300W Fully Modular "80 Plus Gold" Power Supply
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Full Tower Case
Cabling: White sleeved cables.
Storage: A combination of SSD's and HDD's

Watercooling loop:

Coolant: Mayhems Pastel Ice White
CPU Cooler: EK Water Blocks EK-Supremacy EVO
GPU Blocks by Diamond Cooling - White Acetal
Reservoir: Phobya 150 Balancer
14/10mm Acrylic Tubing
Barrows Black compression fittings
EK angle fittings
420mm Hardware Labs Black ICE Radiator GT Stealth 420
360mm Hardware Labs Black ICE Radiator GTX 360
240mm Phobya G-Changer 240 V.2
Pump 1: Swiftech MCP35X Industrial Pump 12 Volts
Pump 2: Swiftech MCP655-B Water Pump 12 Volts with EK-XTOP D5 Pump Top
2x XSPC Temperature Sensors

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Your previous project was an amazing build, I'm sure this one will be at the same level if not better, good work!!!

Thanks buddy. Yes intention is to improve on what I did before. I will be doing some modifications to the case. This includes painting a few panels white and making a few things out of the acrylic sheet.

Associate
I can't wait to see the build take shape, how do you propose to improve on perfection? :)

I must admit that the white ASUS motherboards and your Diamond waterblocks look stunning and will look superb when in a system together. :)

Looking forward to more updates :D

Associate
OP
I can't wait to see the build take shape, how do you propose to improve on perfection? :)

I must admit that the white ASUS motherboards and your Diamond waterblocks look stunning and will look superb when in a system together. :)

Looking forward to more updates :D

haha. yes true :D

I am painting some case panels white. will take some photos soon. also cable sleeving is done and photos en-route.

Soldato
haha. yes true :D

I am painting some case panels white. will take some photos soon. also cable sleeving is done and photos en-route.

Those Asus boards are mad sharp, I took some pictures of mine and thought 'wtf is that red bit on my nice white components' before realising i'd cut my hand open and bled on it :D

Going to be a good one this, crack on.

Associate
OP
Cable sleeving done. My first time doing sleeving so quite pleased with the result. Now my fingers can rest for a while. Still cables need to be trained to look neat. Will do when connecting them to the components :D

28885580606_fc180602b1_b.jpg

28299361354_6b0a7d66b6_b.jpg

28811876312_20f4c6acfc_b.jpg

28299361424_fa490fdfcc_b.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom