ramthor's monster build

Soldato
You certainly seem to have taken more than your fair share. I have to say I'm surprised at the number of comments of 'that's excessive' or 'you don't need that'. This is Overclockers people! The place where if you think you "need" 128GB of Plat Dom RAM because it looks nicer filling all the banks and you can splash the cash to buy it, anything goes. There's builds on here done 'just because' or 'to find out if it was possible'....and that's the way it should be :D

I wish you luck with build wherever you end up logging it.

Associate
OP
You certainly seem to have taken more than your fair share. I have to say I'm surprised at the number of comments of 'that's excessive' or 'you don't need that'. This is Overclockers people! The place where if you think you "need" 128GB of Plat Dom RAM because it looks nicer filling all the banks and you can splash the cash to buy it, anything goes. There's builds on here done 'just because' or 'to find out if it was possible'....and that's the way it should be :D

Much appreciated!

Associate
I agree with Cenedd, you have taken a lot of undeserved abuse, and those of us who actually want to see the build appreciate you hanging around. :)

I really don't get this forum sometimes. There are some really friendly and helpful people on here, but sometimes when you mention expensive machines, it is almost like you have stolen their money to build it.

There was a thread a while ago with someone who had bought a 8pack Supernova pc. £11k worth of computer and no one bitched about spending too much.

From my perspective, I am jealous of you for being able to afford such a thing, and if I had the means, I would do exactly the same.

Associate
OP
I agree with Cenedd, you have taken a lot of undeserved abuse, and those of us who actually want to see the build appreciate you hanging around. :)

I really don't get this forum sometimes. There are some really friendly and helpful people on here, but sometimes when you mention expensive machines, it is almost like you have stolen their money to build it.

There was a thread a while ago with someone who had bought a 8pack Supernova pc. £11k worth of computer and no one bitched about spending too much.

From my perspective, I am jealous of you for being able to afford such a thing, and if I had the means, I would do exactly the same.

Helpful posts like these balance the others.

Thank you for the kind words, good sir!

Soldato
I get you don't like the abuse, but I completely understand all the negative comments/speculation. You rock up well over a month ago brand new, vague as hell, start just wanting 'spend money' not 'build this' and thats what starts it.

I get you've gone through that all, but lets be real - you did not originally post 'im doing a build in October' you keep posting 'hey im about to pull the trigger on this' and then you dont. So far you've ordered a case and for some reason supposedly water cooling parts with nothing else... Leaves me thinking, if you committed to the stuff you are cooling just order it. If you can't afford to order it then foolish purchasing the cooling without the kit.

So far as I can see you can avoid the negativity by not continuing to reply to every single comment, just post when you actually buy something. If it happens to the tune of the posts it will be quite something, at this point im not sure if i'll be more surprised if you do build it than dont. Built it or don't, but you can't build it unless you order something and post pics of all the parts. You keep saying you have the money but 2 months later you'll have nothing to show for it.

Associate
OP
Create a dedicated build log when you've got the parts.

Dunno why you've attracted quite so many trolls, but not everyone here is like that ;)

After this experience, I don't know if I still have the will to post anything in such an unfriendly environment.

There are exceptions, like yourself, who have been very helpful and I am very grateful for your contribution. It made me re-think my initial build and research more about water cooling.

I've learnt a lot since my first post. If at that point all the components I've chosen could have been assembled together in one afternoon, now with the new plans it will surely take a bit more than that. That's why I didn't "pull the trigger" at that point. I needed time to research water cooling as I knew nothing about it.

Then I've started ordering things starting with the ones taking the longest to be delivered. The case came from Romania, the watercooling bits come from Slovenia, the new desk takes 15-20 days to be built and assembled so it was only logical to start with those.

The main components will be ordered much closer to the date when I'll start the build since I expect the delivery to be next day or second day tops. It doesn't make too much sense to have them already and just look at them while the window to return them passes without me being able to actually test them for faults, does it?

But all the above should've been self-evident and I'm tired to keep defending myself after keep being accused of deceiving or showing off or whatever. I thought this is a community of like-minded people sharing their common passion for computers who help each other, not being jealous on one another just because the other toy is shinier.

Obviously I was wrong. I am deeply disappointed and I don't see any reason to keep exposing myself to the abuse that according to the user a few posts above is actually warranted.

Associate
Wow, only just read through this build log and the level of abuse directed at ramthor is shocking. I for one couldn't give a damn if someone builds a PC for £20k or £20, it's always good to see the build come together and whether it's top line or bargain basement we should appreciate the fact that someone has taken the time to log their build and share ideas, issues and tips with fellow builders.

I hope the trolls jealous of the components you can afford don't drive you away ramthor as this has the potential to be one hell of a nice build, and it would be great to see it all coming together :)

Soldato
Mate just report the people giving you grief. In the trolls post there is a red triangle warning icon, click that and report the post. Don't worry about some plebs giving you grief. I can't wait to see what it'll be like once done. Spending that sort of cash on a pc is a dream for me so I love reading when others do it :D almost scratches the itch I get when I see expensive new tech :p

Associate
Don't go :(

Smffy, he doesn't owe you anything, so stop acting like he does. Also, he is free to post when he likes.

This thread has been unbelievable, and it is shame a moderator didn't step in.

Even if he didn't buy a thing, there is no harm in his thread. He didn't go abusing people, and, in fact, handled the abuse he got very well. I am not sure I would have had the same level of restraint.

Because of this, we may not get to see what could potential be a very nice build.

What's even more annoying is that he took on board what people suggested and modified his build.

Oh, and the amount of people that said ridiculous things because they didn't read the OP is pathetic.

Ramthor, if I were you, I would abandon this thread and start a new build log. Hopefully, the trolls won't follow.

Soldato
Don't go :(

Smffy, he doesn't owe you anything, so stop acting like he does. Also, he is free to post when he likes.

I don't think I was in anyway mean or trolling? Its a build log, he wasn't building anything. All I said was saying was just post when you buy something. I'll be honest the fact he wont post it anywhere, well still leaves me wondering if it wasn't just a complete troll anyway.

Buy it, post a fresh log and build it.

Permabanned
I don't think I was in anyway mean or trolling? Its a build log, he wasn't building anything. All I said was saying was just post when you buy something. I'll be honest the fact he wont post it anywhere, well still leaves me wondering if it wasn't just a complete troll anyway.

Buy it, post a fresh log and build it.

It wasn't a build log originally... it was in another forum asking for advice before it was moved to the project logs forum by a mod ;)

Soldato
Create a dedicated build log when you've got the parts.

Dunno why you've attracted quite so many trolls, but not everyone here is like that ;)

On other modding forums I frequent this thread would have been deleted ages and ages ago.

You need to post actual modding and actual work for a thread to be authorised. Not just speculation and phallus waving.

So your advice is good advice. When he is ready with all of the parts and has actually done something *then* make a thread. Otherwise you will just end up like Linus' forums where basically 8 year old kids pretend they are building their dream PC.

I've actually (and this is no BS) killed three mouse scroll wheels trying to sort the wheat from the chaff.

Associate

Ramthor, I'm with Cenedd.

I have just built a no holds barred machine and fortunately found mostly positive and helpful comments. I think it's a real shame that you feel you must leave. I for one would be very interested to see the outcome.

I am very much in favour of one building what they wish, for whatever reasons they wish too; so do your thing!

Cheers
Ras

Associate
OP
Some of the cooling is here. It may not look much but you are looking at £950 worth of tech. I hope I didn't forget to order something but I probably did. :)

But that shouldn't be a problem since I can start with only one loop. Plenty of time to order anything I might be missing.

Everything else is ordered with deliveries spread over a week starting tomorrow. It will be like a week long Christmas. :)

Unfortunately, I had to order almost everything from the competition as OcUK have not been very competitive on prices or customer support. I did call them and asked if they can offer a better deal but the answer was disappointing or didn't even come.

3bccd420c3.jpg

3bcd6e07d0.jpg

3bcd287cec.jpg

*** Please spoiler tag large images - Armageus ***

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
Excellent news :)

Hope this will convince some people that you are serious.

Looking forward to seeing more pictures.

Although I do think that perhaps some people do have a point. This thread is a bit roundabout, so maybe a new build thread?

Back
Top Bottom