Smartwatch Thread (news/apps/updates)

Soldato
My moto 360 has stopped recording my steps again unless I have my phone with me. Which is not good when I exercise. It started doing it last week anyone else ?

Mines been fine, works fine at footy twice a week. Maybe go into Fit & MotoBody on the phone and watch to make sure its going, also check the sync settings, especially in MotoBody to ensure it's still linked to Fit.

Soldato
The market for smart watches is still so disappointing - there isn't a good looking android wear watch with GPS.

The Huawei watch really needed GPS at that price.

Man of Honour
New toy:
20160529_133408.jpg

Old toy on right. New on left.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone got a Samsung gear s2?

Am I best waiting till September (rumoured) for a new one? Or get one for £190 now?

Seems to have all the features I want (Bluetooth, put music on it, easy to charge, decent battery life). Plus I've got a Samsung note 4

Soldato
I had the Moto 360, sold it for the Huewai W1 which is without doubt the best tooling smart watch. Fantastic battery life and speed, can't fault it.

Soldato
Boooo! My 360 (gen 1) has been suffering from notably poorer battery life over the last week or so, and now I cannot get it to charge - well, sometimes can get it to around 6-8% and then it starts dropping whilst still on dock. Methinks it may be an ex-360?

So, what's the consensus on a good replacement? All-in-all, have been very happy with the 360 and never had the upgrade itch, but now I think the time might be right to move on. What's out there and worth looking at? Or, is there anything worth holding on for?

Soldato
Boooo! My 360 (gen 1) has been suffering from notably poorer battery life over the last week or so, and now I cannot get it to charge - well, sometimes can get it to around 6-8% and then it starts dropping whilst still on dock. Methinks it may be an ex-360?

So, what's the consensus on a good replacement? All-in-all, have been very happy with the 360 and never had the upgrade itch, but now I think the time might be right to move on. What's out there and worth looking at? Or, is there anything worth holding on for?

w1 looks pretty sweet

Associate
I've tried the Sony SW3 but I couldn't get it to sit comfortably on my wrist so moved onto the Pebble Time.

I'm actually finding the PT very good to use and not having to charge it every other night is a bonus- but generally, I only need to charge it once a week.

Button works well as oppose to a touchscreen which I sometimes found temperamental and all in all, very happy with it.

Tempted by the new Pebble Time 2 that's recently announced on Kickstarter but that's not due out until Jan17 so may wait it out and see what happens between now and then

Soldato
I've just picked up the gear fit 2 and really liking it. Just the right balance between fitness and some smart notifications. Really comfy too. I wish S Health was better though, more like some of the other apps.

Back
Top Bottom