***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

Associate
1 Charecter is 370 and my other was 180, however I deleted the 180 and it is now 20...
I requally play with people with ranks from 30 to 750. As a group we have no rank snobbery and are happy to take sub 20 ranks through heists... with a bit of instruction should they be new to the game.

Note on the ban wave... R* have definitely done some anti cheat work during the maintenance. CE money hacks have been detected. Also looking at the R* forum. The majority of people being banned are from China.. Some asking was it because of their VPN use.

What I'm wondering is if the person who received money from such a cheater gets banned ? I have heard that there are many cheaters like that who spawn money for other players even if they don't want it.

You said CE (Cheat Engine) right ? So I guess the money is client side if I'm not wrong, if they would implemented Money on the server side it wouldn't be a problem with it just like in some GTA San Andreas where the money is server sided and until you hack the actual server you can't do a thing to it.

Soldato
People have been banned for receiving money yeah, if any hacker starts dumping money on you just alt+f4 or make a note of the time and just report it to rockstar.

Soldato
What I'm wondering is if the person who received money from such a cheater gets banned ? I have heard that there are many cheaters like that who spawn money for other players even if they don't want it.

You said CE (Cheat Engine) right ? So I guess the money is client side if I'm not wrong, if they would implemented Money on the server side it wouldn't be a problem with it just like in some GTA San Andreas where the money is server sided and until you hack the actual server you can't do a thing to it.

CE manipulates the game tunables and returns an amended variable to the server via a memory injection. What they had been doing was using in game money mechanics. So a race win would be changed from 9K payout to 15 Million. That was hot fixed a few weeks ago down to a maximum 100K. The Next hack was with heist finals. Same thing. However CE would return a new value of 10 Million lets say, as a total pot available. This is then divided by the host split, 50 50 etc and so the one using CE gets 5 mill. (if the other is not using it, then they do not get the increased money and know nothing of the cheat) This has now been fixed... Doing it will ban you almost instantly.

As for money pick ups... Who knows what they are doing. Some say they have been banned for it but I know lots who have received and not banned... However saying all this... The Private Scripthooks/menus are still working fine and I have not seen anything to say that has changed. So proper griefing is still going on.

Last edited:
Associate
CE manipulates the game tunables and returns an amended variable to the server via a memory injection. What they had been doing was using in game money mechanics. So a race win would be changed from 9K payout to 15 Million. That was hot fixed a few weeks ago down to a maximum 100K. The Next hack was with heist finals. Same thing. However CE would return a new value of 10 Million lets say, as a total pot available. This is then divided by the host split, 50 50 etc and so the one using CE gets 5 mill. (if the other is not using it, then they do not get the increased money and know nothing of the cheat) This has now been fixed... Doing it will ban you almost instantly.

As for money pick ups... Who knows what they are doing. Some say they have been banned for it but I know lots who have received and not banned... However saying all this... The Private Scripthooks/menus are still working fine and I have not seen anything to say that has changed. So proper griefing is still going on.

Well, I just don't understand how such a popular company which makes billions like no more on their games are not skilled enough to secure their multiplayer, if you look around there are so many Free Online Games which have server side money and for hell you can't cheat that, R* is clearly doing something wrong if they can't deal witch such minority like cheaters etc. It's just unbelievable ...

Anyway, coming to a cheaters dropping cash on the players, I have read on the official R* forums quiet a long time ago that someone said if a cheater gives you money and it gets mixed with your legit money, not cheated one which you earned through playing the game and you spend more than you originally had, you are definitely getting banned and in such situation it's better to fill in a ticket to a R* and in a couple of days it should disapear. I myself don't know anything about it since I still didn't played multiplayer but just post what others have said.

Edit: What do you guys think about Leslie Benzies leaving a Rockstar North and suing the studio, will it impact GTA franchise ? I'm finding that rumours about GTA 6 being released in 2017 outrageous, quiet funny to be honest, it's just too fast for a new GTA instalment.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well, I just don't understand how such a popular company which makes billions like no more on their games are not skilled enough to secure their multiplayer, if you look around there are so many Free Online Games which have server side money and for hell you can't cheat that, R* is clearly doing something wrong if they can't deal witch such minority like cheaters etc. It's just unbelievable ...

Anyway, coming to a cheaters dropping cash on the players, I have read on the official R* forums quiet a long time ago that someone said if a cheater gives you money and it gets mixed with your legit money, not cheated one which you earned through playing the game and you spend more than you originally had, you are definitely getting banned and in such situation it's better to fill in a ticket to a R* and in a couple of days it should disapear. I myself don't know anything about it since I still didn't played multiplayer but just post what others have said.

Edit: What do you guys think about Leslie Benzies leaving a Rockstar North and suing the studio, will it impact GTA franchise ? I'm finding that rumours about GTA 6 being released in 2017 outrageous, quiet funny to be honest, it's just too fast for a new GTA instalment.
They do have server side money. You can't set an amount via any tool out there. They way they abuse the money stats is buy manipulating the the in game money mechanics. For dropping money, they use money bags. These are a prop with a monetary value that exist in the game. They spawn multiples of those. They use race and heist mechanics that return variables from completion. It's money splits by host, money earned etc. So the game is tricked by it's own mechanics. In order to combat this, R* have (way to late) amended these tuneables. Ie, setting a max variable limit, enabling server side transaction limits. It is a massive game design flaw with P2P. If the game was server based they it would be much more difficult. CE is a very clever tool.

As for taking money away. Well that just shows that they are doing sever side stat checking. However, banning of people who have spent modded money is still in the air. R* says not to be worried if you have dropped money as it will be amended and removed but people post that they have been banned for spending it. Who knows.

Lesley Benzies thing. Yep, massive blow to all of us as he was a driving force for GTA. However there is a massive amount we don't know and will never know. I don't know about the profit share he and the Housers agreed with Taketwo, again all very odd. What I do know is, he was pivotal to GTA. Any loss of that nature is always going to be difficult. You generally don't just replace just the leader of a close knit team without culling some of the most loyal as well, in my experience. So could be more than just him.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm finding that rumours about GTA 6 being released in 2017 outrageous, quiet funny to be honest, it's just too fast for a new GTA instalment.

Unless gta 6 will be a fixed version of gta5 with a "next chapter" for the current single player chaps, I doubt it will be out next year. As you said, way too fast.

2017 for console considering its been out longer? Q4 at a push, but pc, 2018 I reckon.

As for the money thing. About 5/6 months ago, I got money dropped on me...roughly 10-15 million over the course of a week and I got banned for a fortnight.

However, I had spent some of it(all of it :p ) so maybe that was why.

Soldato
So i have just reinstalled this after a long time out of it. Are there any mods that you guys absolutely recommend ?

Ive already got the 100% save game and a sweet fx profile. Looking for any kind of mods that improve gta further.

Caporegime
Cheaters hate me!!!!

I am the ultimate troll with a soundboard :D

Just need to find a way of stopping them from crashing me out... most common way seems to be spamming a ton of stuff on me, some seem useless at it and takes them forever, others can get me to CTD within seconds.

Last edited:
Soldato
People have been banned for receiving money yeah, if any hacker starts dumping money on you just alt+f4 or make a note of the time and just report it to rockstar.

I got a few million when the game first came out spent it and still haven't had any repercussions from it, guess I got lucky but in the grand scheme of things I don't think it was a lot.

Associate
Unless gta 6 will be a fixed version of gta5 with a "next chapter" for the current single player chaps, I doubt it will be out next year. As you said, way too fast.

2017 for console considering its been out longer? Q4 at a push, but pc, 2018 I reckon.

As for the money thing. About 5/6 months ago, I got money dropped on me...roughly 10-15 million over the course of a week and I got banned for a fortnight.

However, I had spent some of it(all of it :p ) so maybe that was why.

Well, let's look at it this way, the brake in time between GTA 3 and Vice City is only 1 year and 5 days. If you compare them both with each other then you will notice that they both use the same game engine but have only different storyline and environment plus some new features.

Many game developers do the same as it brings more profit in the short amount of time and they don't need to start all over again, for example Far Cry 3 and 4. It would be safe to assume that the new GTA will come out, however R* didn't announced anything yet, if they would want to release a new GTA they probably would announce it then slowly release some teasers etc before the new year.

However I would say it's safe to assume that R* might release some DLC/Expansion Pack like it was with GTA IV & The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony or they will release a new GTA VI based on game engine from V in not specified lapse of time or a completely new GTA game in a couple more years. I bet they will release a completely new GTA in a couple of more years.

Cheaters hate me!!!!

I am the ultimate troll with a soundboard :D

Just need to find a way of stopping them from crashing me out... most common way seems to be spamming a ton of stuff on me, some seem useless at it and takes them forever, others can get me to CTD within seconds.

Can you tell me how the cheaters crash other players ?

This game dead to me now, it's all about Red Dead 2 :)

You have a console then ?

Caporegime
All the ones I have seen have green hair:

uWt8G0Yh.png.jpg

Really wish they would prevent cheaters from spawning stuff on top of you, then no one could ruin my beautiful music!!!!

Associate
Hi all, I'm back after a month :D

Going to be playing this for a while, so if anyone's up for some missions or even the criminal master mind challenge let me know. Trying to get used to the controls again.

Back
Top Bottom