****Official Doom 4 Thread****

Caporegime
Another CTD:

1zl94za.png
Seems to do this regularly now (at least once per session) since the update.

Lol at one or two of the words in the report. :D

Man of Honour
Don't get me wrong on this - I don't want to save-scum, but when you've got used to titles like Fallout 4 (and earlier), Deus Ex and the Mass Effect games which offer sensible saving options Doom (2016) seems like a backward step. Especially on the level in question where you have spent several minutes and already passed a couple of logical break points to reach that location.

It's one thing to make a game challenging and the player think about how they approach things, quite another to make one stupid jump stop you seeing 2/3 of the game you bought and paid for.

If it's the bit I'm thinking of, don't use your second jump until you start losing height.

Associate
Finally got it downloaded and played a few hours today. Checkpoint system isn't as bad as I'd feared from the comments here, at least so far. I bought the game to run around and blow **** up, if I have to redo a battle... well I get to run around more blowing more **** up. But yes, quicksave would be nice if you're stuck at a tricky jump.

Levels are nice and big for a modern maze shooter, it's actually possible to confuse yourself and need the map, although the map is a bit toytown, especially for z-axis navigation.

Artwork is great, sound is good but Doom 3 was way creepier, and had a bit more depth to the story elements, if that matters much to anyone...

Movement is good but it aint Q3 / UT / SS. Feels like Doom Guy has a bad back or something, turn speed seems sluggish to me even with mouse sensitivity way up.

Inventory system is a crap waste of time IMO, just doesn't belong in a fast paced FPS.

Haven't tried MP yet, want to complete the SP campaign first.

£360 well spent LOL, including my awesome new 980Ti... but damn it now I want a bigger 1440p monitor too...

Associate
12GB update (a good chunk of that snapmap stuff) should please those on slower internet.

Ugh. Back in the day when you bought a game you owned it, and could do as you please.

They could at least have it d/l in the background while allowing you to play.

Just finished Kangaroo Stadium or whatever it was called, so nearly halfway through the SP game after 5 hours play, a goodly portion of that wasted on platform jumping crap. :p

Anyone else played this and Doom 3 back to back? Really not that much real difference in the graphics quality given the 12 years between them.

Back
Top Bottom