***The Official Manly Shaving Thread***

Associate
Hallo Hallo! I want to try out DE , a quick question though.. I usually mow the grass about every two weeks..so the growth is fairly thick. Is DE a good way to go?? Or is it something which works better on lesser growth.

Soldato
I've never had a problem mowing my face (about 5 times a month currently) but a single blade does a better job in 1 pass than a cartridge can do in 5. Doesn't clog up either and won't ruin your .....lawn?
I think after 2 weeks I would need a beard trimmer, never left it that long between shaves.

Soldato
Hallo Hallo! I want to try out DE , a quick question though.. I usually mow the grass about every two weeks..so the growth is fairly thick. Is DE a good way to go?? Or is it something which works better on lesser growth.

That wont be a problem with Open Comb DE's, they don't clog up with hair.

Take a look at something like a Fatip.

Soldato
OP
I use a Ted Baker roll up type bag, I can't find it but it's just like .... this

I like them over just a deep bag, it means you can hang them up and find what you need rather than dig around amongst your stuff.

Associate
Gents, incoming:

Merkur 34C
Vulfix Super Badger 660S shaving brush
Popular Blade Sample Pack
Proraso Pre and Post Shave Cream
TRUEFITT & HILL FINEST SHAVE CREAM

Quick question , is there a particular blade i should start with as a beginner ?
Also heading out to India in a bit , anything which is a good idea to haul from there?

Cheers!

Soldato
Derby's are considered to be a beginner blade as they are more forgiving than others.
Thats not to say they are not sharp but you'll probably only use 2 to get used to the technique before you step up a level.

Soldato
Right as a complete convert to DE shaving I also sometimes don't have the time to do the ritual so still use disposables (I'm currently on my last Hydro blade) so have ordered the Cornerstone handle and blade pack for £4 as a trial.

Has anybody used this razor and can provide any feedback (the replacement heads are £14 for 6 so cheaper than Fusions etc.)

Back
Top Bottom