***The Official Manly Shaving Thread***

Permabanned
so just picked up a leaf razor .. first time using something like this ..i do my head and 3/4 of my face .. shave 1.. blood bath only using water like i did with the hydro 5 ..lol
shave 2.. better knicked some of the wife's foam .. shave 3 .. changed blades and only put 2 in top slots ..perfect ..bought some soap and a brush arko ?
:)

Soldato
INteresting. was looking at the Leaf Twig.

After years trying to get to grips with DE shaving IM about ready to surrender.

I have however consider an SE or maybe something of a transition DE like the Muhle Companion.

Anyone used the companion?

Permabanned
INteresting. was looking at the Leaf Twig.

After years trying to get to grips with DE shaving IM about ready to surrender.

I have however consider an SE or maybe something of a transition DE like the Muhle Companion.

Anyone used the companion?
update well worth getting the leaf for a head shave ..a lot of it has to do with blades ..i've tried 10-15 brands permasharpe and nacet are my go to now..but that depends on your skin and hair ..

Soldato
update well worth getting the leaf for a head shave ..a lot of it has to do with blades ..i've tried 10-15 brands permasharpe and nacet are my go to now..but that depends on your skin and hair ..
Just picked up a leaf razor (thanks for that :D ) where do you buy your single edge blades from ? And what’re you using ? Edit. Bought it in the blue colour!

Last edited:
Soldato
https://www.proshave.com/half-blades.aspx .. https://www.theenglishshavingcompany.com/en_gb/
but you can use full blades just snap them in half by folding them .. in the wrapper :)
i use permasharp .. but you really do have to try a few .. some are good for one person and bad for another
Ah I see. I didn’t realise you could snap doubles in half. So I have a bunch of feather doubles edges…I can just snap em in half ?? There doesn’t seem to be a seam or anything on the blade ..

Soldato
Does anyone have a Philips Oneblade and can advise on the different model types? There seems to be a Pro model, 360, Pro 360, Norelco Philips models... it's all very confusing :confused:

I have somewhere between a 7-10 day stubble/beard (2-4mm at a guess) and use a beard trimmer, and a clean wet shave on my neck. My beard trimmer was a cheap one that is very blunt now, thinking a Oneblade could do that all with no need to keep buying proper razor blades either.

Soldato
Afternoon All!

I have a Jagen David wet razor but my Remington MB350L Lithium cordless trimmer is 3+ old now and the battery is starting to lose charge hold, and good cordless beard trimmers available?

Thanks!

Soldato
I use a Wahl one for trimming down to stubble when I cant be bothered having a proper shave, had a few Wahl trimmers down the years and they are generally pretty good. Usually do ok With Remington too though.

Had a Babylis (spelling?) one which went blunt and died a bit too quickly so I tend to avoid those now.

Back
Top Bottom