• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Sapphire HD7970

Associate
My new card is here. :D

gDmlG.jpg

gpuzt.jpg

3dmark11d.jpg

AMD Radeon HD 7970 video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-970 Processor ,ASUSTeK Computer INC. Rampage III Extreme score: P9088 3DMarks

uniginez.jpg

"None the less, 1125 MHz on the core and 6300 MHz on the memory without any voltage tweaking has to be a new milestone all by itself. The advantage without added voltage is that the temperatures do not change that much, the noise levels remain okay and the power draw really isn't bad either."
http://www.guru3d.com/article/radeon-hd-7970-overclock-guide/18

Yes It's True.

So eyefinity is up n running. :D
First minidp to fulldp second minidp to dvi and the third output dvi to dvi and the 3xu2311 in portrait mode at 3240x1920 are ready.
The picture quality is better than 69xx series.
Fps is obviously less than my previous setup with 6970 crossfire
The card at 70c is louder than my 2xAsus DC II.
And of course the game is more smooth.

sapphiresa.jpg

setmk.jpg

+ WorldRender.DxDeferredCsPathEnable 0

hd7970bf3s.jpg

I think HD7970 likes a lot unigine. :D

unigine324x1920.jpg

Dirt3 and F1 2010 on eyefinity resolution 3240x1920 with ingame settings at max.
First with clocks at defaults.

dirt3efdef.jpg

f12010eddef.jpg

and now maxed clocks from ccc 1125/1575

dirt3efdefteza.jpg

f12010eddefteza.jpg

Soldato
So for the reference card they made the plastic shroud look gloss and shinny, but sad to see they didn't improve their cooling fan :(

Guess it's probably worth waiting for manufacturers cards with custom coolers. For a £450~£500 card, you'd thought they would put in the effort in not cutting corner on cost for the cooler...

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Superb results, can I hear your comments on noise please. As to my ears a single card is silent, you don't notice it at all in a typical office environment. How about yourself?

Associate
Must be an optical illusion then , the way he’s taken the pic it does look long. Not seen a 6970 but my son as 2 x 6950 so how do they compare on size to them?

Associate
OP
Hi there

Superb results, can I hear your comments on noise please. As to my ears a single card is silent, you don't notice it at all in a typical office environment. How about yourself?

The noise levels is the only minus thing at the moment.
I had 2x6970 Asus DCU II with noise level less than this new.

Back
Top Bottom