• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

1366 X58 Xeon 5650

Soldato
Jel! How much if you don't mind me asking?

I got mine for £110 delivered mate.

It's a newer revision (and harder to get) so will cost a bit more. To me it was worth paying a little more just to get the higher multi (26 for single threaded loads and 25 for all core turbo). Takes the stress of the mobo then for higher clocks (hopefully!)

Plus I am going to sell my i920 DO (boxed with unused heatsink), I don't expect much for it but it all helps offset the cost of the upgrade. Goes to 4.2ghz on water easy.

Either way I see this as a massive bargain and will definitely see me through till Skylake.

So glad I held on to the X58 platform!!!

;)

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm just curious to know what temperatures you guys are running with your overclocked Xeons, and what cooling you are using. :)

You can ignore the second question if you want, I can look into that myself when I get home from work. :)

Mine at 4.11GHz hits mid sixties to 70 when stress testing it. The highest I've seen it go is 71 on one core, the rest stay in the 60's. Under a block with a 360 rad.

Soldato
I got mine for £110 delivered mate.

That's a good price. I just picked up a x5670 for £99 in addition to my x5650 which I got for £69. I've got a spare P6T board and I'm going to swap out the 8320 setup in my server. Should help my VM's which have been struggling under the 8320.

Soldato
That's a good price. I just picked up a x5670 for £99 in addition to my x5650 which I got for £69. I've got a spare P6T board and I'm going to swap out the 8320 setup in my server. Should help my VM's which have been struggling under the 8320.

Yeah I thought so too, hence I had to buy it!

Just got around to installing, all stock settings atm. Feels nippy even at stock.

Time for some tweaking!

:D

Back
Top Bottom