• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7850 Twin Frozr III

Associate
OP
service pack 1 maybe?

24pgbo7.jpg

start/compter/system properties

Iqnae.png

Permabanned
Found this on another forum, strangely enough it came about from sleeping dogs as well:

Ya the thing with the service pack is what I was saying you need to right click the Direct X 11 file and go the advanced or compatibility tab and deselect the option that was running the file in windows vista compatibility or instead you need to select it to run as vista with service pack 2.

Try this as well:

For other Steam users, the file path is: program files/steam/steamapps/sleepingdogs/redist/dxredist/dxsetup.exe

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Found this on another forum, strangely enough it came about from sleeping dogs as well:

Ya the thing with the service pack is what I was saying you need to right click the Direct X 11 file and go the advanced or compatibility tab and deselect the option that was running the file in windows vista compatibility or instead you need to select it to run as vista with service pack 2.

Try this as well:

For other Steam users, the file path is: program files/steam/steamapps/sleepingdogs/redist/dxredist/dxsetup.exe

it says it installed by the second option.

changing the compatility mode didn't do anything

game still crashes on high and extreme

Associate
OP
it wont let me install it or it says it's install when im guessing it isin't

other option is reinstalling windows and installing everything again

if it doesn't work I don't know what i can do.

** is this card capable of running it on extreme then?

Last edited:
Permabanned
It will probably struggle on extreme but it should certainly run it without crashing. Do not reinstall windows. Someone tried that from the thread I found and it didn't work. It's do with the installer thinking it doesn't need to install certain directx 11 files. I'll do some more digging.

Soldato
The card is factory overclocked iirc.

You can either decrease the overclock, or bump the core voltage a little. MSI afterburner is a good tool to have for monitoring and tweaking your GPU, and also great at capturing game footage.

It's not unheard of that some factory overclocked cards need a little voltage bump to keep them stable.

Also, try running stress tests like Unigine and 3DMark. You can run in a window and run Afterburner side by side to monitor the card. Unigine will stress the card 100%.

The PSU you got should easily cope with your card. If you still have instability issues, try another PSU connector.

Soldato
Sounds like the same issue i and many many many other people are having with this game, it just crashes on the loading screen, there is no fix for it you'll just have to wait for a patch if they ever fix it.

Soldato
Well, I can play this game on extreme settings (except SSAA ofc) on the same card as yours mate but I'd say there's still something wrong with it. During gameplay, the GPU usage often drops when cruising around the city which results in significant fps drop. It can go as low as 50 % making the FPS drop below 30. My guess is that this game is just poorly optimised with lots of software bugs (it also crashed to desktop a couple of times for me) as I can't see a reason why it wouldn't run on extreme on your card.

Back
Top Bottom