** 8 PACK BUNDLE: 6700K OC, AIO, ASUS HERO, 16GB 3000MHz & MORE FOR £499.99 (£270 SAVING) **

Associate
Ok so I finally got round to building my PC (long story due to wait, don't ask) and was going to reuse my my antec 300 case. However when I come to try fit the water cooling system, there is any real space for it unless I start modifying the case (would need to go out and buy a rotary cutting tool) the only possible place I can look to fit it is either externally or internally along the roof.

(Stupid question) Does the water system come with liquid already inside or do I need to fill it?

If I were to go out an buy another case, what would you recommend I go for that had excellent build quality (like my 300 when I originally bought it for my old PC) but is cheap? Ideally keeping under £50 I've looked at the antec 302 but I'm not sure I'd be able to mount the rad to the front ports which would be my ideal placement for them?

To add, I bought a 1080 GPU which takes up a considerable amount of space. It only just fits within my antec 300 by a millimeter

Thanks for your time!

Associate
Don't worry, no question is stupid! It's a closed loop cpu cooler so it's filled up already!

No idea on what case, but sure someone will have some ideas for you :)

Associate
Don't worry, no question is stupid! It's a closed loop cpu cooler so it's filled up already!

No idea on what case, but sure someone will have some ideas for you :)

After doing a little looking, I'm thinking a Corsair carbide 100r? Anyone else able to make a better suggestion?

Associate
So I finally put together my PC but when I boot the computer I get blue screened

After doing a repair I'm getting the following message...

http://tinypic.com/r/2n9yiqx/9

I tried removing my new GTX 1080 to see if it would boot to Windows without it but I'm getting the same problem in the the system restarts.

Can anyone lend me advice on how I resolve this issue? Everything in the computer is new apart from the HDD, DVD RW and a few fans.

The spec ;

Asus maximus viii hero mobo
I7 6700k CPU
Gigabyte GTX 1080 GPU
Evga 750 GQ PSU
Corsair vengeance 32gb ram
Ocuk twin water cooler
Array of fans
DVD RW
1tb Samsung HDD

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
To me it looks like you are trying to use Windows 7 on a platform that does not officially support it.

You need to integrate AHCI and USB3 drivers into Windows 7 before you install. Then its working fine on Z170.

Associate
Hey, I finally put my bundle together last week. All running sweet, but can not find the overclock profile. Do i have to overclock manually?
Sorry if this has been asked before, tried scrolling back, but i haven't seen it yet.

Back
Top Bottom