• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

8 Pack looks at R290X

Associate
I would argue benching is much the same as gaming. You fiddle around for a while, stare at a screen with your breath held and get a score out of the end.

I can't understand why someone would spend ~£450 on a GPU and use it to game at 1080p.

Permabanned
You are forgetting about 1 thing.

290X in on Release drivers. And Titan and 780 been on market for many months.
Have a look what AMD managed to get out of 7970 over 1 year. Like 20% performance in games just from drivers !!!

I bet ya a tenner that in few months when drivers mature those will kick gk110 in game and benchmarks.

Not to mention when those cards get descent coolers.

Soldato
I would argue benching is much the same as gaming. You fiddle around for a while, stare at a screen with your breath held and get a score out of the end.

I can't understand why someone would spend ~£450 on a GPU and use it to game at 1080p.

To ensure 60fps with all the bells and whistles @ 1080p? my old 7950 (clocked to 1220/1500) struggled in quite a few games to maintain 60fps with large amounts of AA and AF.

Man of Honour
GPU tweak works with all ASUS cards out of the box yes. Its a bios change. Two PSU are fine yeah for four cards on Air maybe with 1.5V + more on core I will use more.

Mine are Asus, looking forward to when they arrive, also got waterblocks and backplates on order all to go on a RIVE black edition.

Caporegime
Looking good 8 Pack, But AMD do need to turn it up a couple of notches in Heaven Valley. currently the fastest Titan there scores 3800 @ 1380Mhz. thats more than 25% faster than Gibbo managed @ 1200Mhz.

Seems AMD is currently very bad indeed for Valley.

Soldato

I run a GTX690 at 1920x1080 on a 120/144hz screen.

Back
Top Bottom