8Pack back to answer your Zen4 Ryzen 7xxx and AM5 platform questions.........

Associate
Also it depends what you consider acceptable temps....
It's difficult as AMD seem to have made 95c acceptable, so I think my opinion needs to change too. Ideally would see some reviews of this pairing to see how competent it is.

I personally was thinking of getting a 7700X, DRP4, B650E, and 32GB DDR5 6000Mhz (is C40 too slow, maybe minimum C36?). Plus an unknown RDNA 3 card and some SSD. And a PSU which is still dependent on total system draw, won't know till RDNA 3 comes out.

OcUK Staff
OP
It doesnt allow per core OC in Bios only through software... In Bios you have static cluster of cores on offer.

Obviously PBO2 with an offset curve means each core is overclocked independently depending on loading and silicon quality of that specific core.

Associate
Friend of mine has bought the 7950X but is confused about motherboard choice when it comes to what would be the minimum recommended power-stages to get the most out of the chip. She does heavy compiling, streaming, 3D modelling and light gaming. Any suggestions on motherboard choice basically..

OcUK Staff
OP
Friend of mine has bought the 7950X but is confused about motherboard choice when it comes to what would be the minimum recommended power-stages to get the most out of the chip. She does heavy compiling, streaming, 3D modelling and light gaming. Any suggestions on motherboard choice basically..
The ones we tested all worked well on this... Others I cant comment.. ROG HERO, ROG extreme, GIGABYTE MASTER and in MATX ASUS ROG GENE.

Soldato
Which cpu would you recommend primarily for gaming, over my current 9900k?

Also would you guys be willing to do direct die on your bundles?

Back
Top Bottom