8pack Supernova - build log!

Underboss
Love the build but think the Red fittings don't match with rest of the build. The black all looks spot on but because the Red liquid is very bright the fittings just seem out of place.

Not that it would matter but for me I would rather have black fittings throughout. Personal choice mind.

Build looks good, looking forward to seeing it wired up and OC'd!

Associate
OP
Very nice! That loop is screaming out loud for acrylic! Really hope they allow you to go that route soon.

Can you do me a favor and get a pic of you arm wrestling the big guy? Preferably one where you win :D

Me too! Haha I'll try, I think he's got a bit of catching up to do first though.

If you wanted red BP fittings, you should have give me a shout, got loads!!

Must be why we can't get hold of any lol. Get them in a system!

I didn't realise these were twin loop systems. Is that common in watercooling?

Not too common, no. Not at all necessary, but this build is overkill all over.

No backplates for the gpu's ? :(

Couldn't get hold of any. :(

Love the build but think the Red fittings don't match with rest of the build. The black all looks spot on but because the Red liquid is very bright the fittings just seem out of place.

Not that it would matter but for me I would rather have black fittings throughout. Personal choice mind.

Build looks good, looking forward to seeing it wired up and OC'd!

I'm not a fan of black/red PCs in general - it's way over done imo, but to be fair, the crappy phone pics don't do the fittings justice - they look much better in person. And when you order one you can pick any colour(s) under the sun. :)

Associate
OP
Amazing, You are a great builder! If you have the time, are you going to be doing a build log for one of the infinity systems?

There's already a full build log for a Tesseract, isn't there?

ScottieB did the original build log I believe. More of a before & after though. I've done a build log for a customised Infinity Quasar and have plans for the other builds - gonna do them one at a time though so I don't confuse myself. :p
Also had requests for a scimitar build log, which unfortunately got built while I was off work last week so I've got to wait again to get a full set of pictures for that one.

That sucks :( ... Nice build though I've had one off you guys in the past they really are top notch :)

& they're improving every day. From what I've seen since starting working here our standards keep getting higher and higher all the time.

Associate
Absolutely superb build guys, at the moment I can only dream of owning one of these monster systems. On a side note, it's only when you see a full build like this that you realize why these things costs so much, the amount of time and effort that goes into them, all the fittings, and care that's required to make sure everything lines up, they really are a work of art. Great work guys and I can't wait to see the finished system.

Associate
Absolutely superb build guys, at the moment I can only dream of owning one of these monster systems. On a side note, it's only when you see a full build like this that you realize why these things costs so much, the amount of time and effort that goes into them, all the fittings, and care that's required to make sure everything lines up, they really are a work of art. Great work guys and I can't wait to see the finished system.

Agreed, it looks amazing so far

Associate
OP
Looks really nice, I'd have to redo that curved tubing ha-ha :D

The cable ties have done a good job of straightening it out. :)

Thanks. Something else you don't see is I travelled 280 miles round trip on friday to fix a leak in an 8pack system - the only leak so far and it was down to a damaged o-ring. I don't think you'll get service like that anywhere else.

Really love the build lol :D

I'm just wondering who is paying this fortune to get this beast!!

Obviously, I can't give out customer's details on here. But this customer bought the system with an Empress chair and 3 144Hz monitors!! :eek:

This is one amazing system, when I win the lottery I'm going to get a couple, a main one and one for a htpc :)

That's some HTPC lol!

Associate
Thanks. Something else you don't see is I travelled 280 miles round trip on friday to fix a leak in an 8pack system - the only leak so far and it was down to a damaged o-ring. I don't think you'll get service like that anywhere else.
Thats amazing service, stop tempting me!! :D

Obviously, I can't give out customer's details on here. But this customer bought the system with an Empress chair and 3 144Hz monitors!!
Woah, epic system all in! Are they the 1440p screens?

Associate
OP
Thats amazing service, stop tempting me!! :D

Woah, epic system all in! Are they the 1440p screens?

Just 1080p. I say just, it's still 5760x1080!

Haven't posted any pictures for a few days, still working on the system. 8pack has been overclocking/benchmarking the system for a few days now and we're still trying to get more from the system.

Here's an action shot:
zO6Ca2R.jpg
Obviously, I'm not gonna show you pictures of the overclocked settings. :p

And the results of todays session..
X7NlrnP.jpg

That's over 1200W. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom