Poll: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2016, Yas Marina - Race 21/21

Rate the 2016 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
I've already conceded that Rosberg will win the WDC and in a way i think it will make him less of a **** so its all good. :D Despite what people say about Hamilton i doubt we'll see him throwing hats at Rosberg either.

smr

smr

Soldato
Rosberg went up to the pre-podium room in 2014 to congratulate Hamilton despite their fall out throughout the year and I'm sure it would be no different this time regardless of who wins.

236D102500000578-0-Nico_Rosberg_embraces_his_Mercedes_team_mate_after_Lewis_Hamilto-42_1416758697878.jpg

Associate
I would like to see Rosberg in third and under pressure from the second RB. They won't need to pass him as he will eventually run wide or cut a chicane and be forced to give up the place.

Associate
Another reason why I would like to see Nico take the Championship is it displays the fairness of Mercedes towards both drivers. You would have to go back to the Senna and Prost era in the 88-89 seasons when both drivers won World Driver Championships in the same team and car.

Associate
Another reason why I would like to see Nico take the Championship is it displays the fairness of Mercedes towards both drivers. You would have to go back to the Senna and Prost era in the 88-89 seasons when both drivers won World Driver Championships in the same team and car.

Maybe if the team asked Hamilton nicely he might not contest this WDC as it's only fair, he's won the last two after all. :confused:

Associate

Damon Hill & Jacques Villeneuve in 96 both in Williams.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Bookies have Hamilton 7/2. May stick £10 down to make it a little more exciting.

Soldato
I could be wrong but I can't really see the Red Bulls or Ferrari being strong enough on this track to challenge the Mercedes. So unless anything happens in the first few corners or there are technical issues, Hamilton will win the race however Rosberg will take the WDC IMO.

PS as already said thanks for the threads Shimmy, I don't usually participate in them but it's always good laugh reading the 'entertaining banter' between everyone each race weekend :p

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Pfft, if you want exciting, stick a grand on Rosberg :)

Interesting story... Few years ago I stuck a £50 free bet on Man City to win the league (they won), took the winnings (£350) and bet on Hamilton winning the British GP (he did) and Murray to win Wimbeldon (also did), so I took those winnings (£1000) and bet on Germany to win the World Cup (they did). Won close to £3000, but watching that final game was excrutiatingly bad enough :eek::p

I probably used up all of my luck in that streak, so I vowed to only bet small. At the time I was going through a "this is money I won, so I'll gamble it" mentality.. it all came from the thought that as I started with a free bet that losing the winnings would cost me "nothing", so I'd take a punt. Never again.

Soldato
Interesting story... Few years ago I stuck a £50 free bet on Man City to win the league (they won), took the winnings (£350) and bet on Hamilton winning the British GP (he did) and Murray to win Wimbeldon (also did), so I took those winnings (£1000) and bet on Germany to win the World Cup (they did). Won close to £3000, but watching that final game was excrutiatingly bad enough :eek::p

I probably used up all of my luck in that streak, so I vowed to only bet small. At the time I was going through a "this is money I won, so I'll gamble it" mentality.. it all came from the thought that as I started with a free bet that losing the winnings would cost me "nothing", so I'd take a punt. Never again.

Nicely done! Wouldn't try it too often as it'll just result in bitter disappoinment and regret :p

Rosberg is 1/5 to be champion, Hamilton 7/2.

Soldato
So if you're Hamilton in the lead by say 3 seconds to Rosberg, who is then 10 seconds ahead of some battling red bulls / ferraris / force indias (straight line speed FTW!!)...do you try and back him up?

Back
Top Bottom