Poll: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2016, Yas Marina - Race 21/21

Rate the 2016 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
So if you're Hamilton in the lead by say 3 seconds to Rosberg, who is then 10 seconds ahead of some battling red bulls / ferraris / force indias (straight line speed FTW!!)...do you try and back him up?

Absolutely! Rosberg's already shown he has no concept of sportsmanship so what goes around comes around.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I think if Hamilton tries that they'd just give Rosberg the pit priority, or at least tell him they will...

Soldato
So if you're Hamilton in the lead by say 3 seconds to Rosberg, who is then 10 seconds ahead of some battling red bulls / ferraris / force indias (straight line speed FTW!!)...do you try and back him up?

It's never going to happen due to DRS. He might drop a few seconds, but at some point Rosberg would get by and he wouldn't be nearly as obliging as Hamilton in slowing up.

In one sense Hamilton needs to avoid contact even more than Rosberg, so I can't imagine he'll be spicing things up too much, more likely just running his race and hoping Rosberg has issues like in 2014.

Last edited:

smr

smr

Soldato
Forgot about this...

"Back in Monaco Rosberg struggled in the wet conditions while second but he still didn't hesitate to let his team-mate pass, who would go on to win the race after taking advantage of Daniel Ricciardo's botched pit-stop for Red Bull.

That act of sportsmanship could still cost the German the title, and came less than two years after Hamilton refused to let his team-mate through in a role reversal at the Hungarian Grand Prix."

Soldato
Forgot about this...

"Back in Monaco Rosberg struggled in the wet conditions while second but he still didn't hesitate to let his team-mate pass, who would go on to win the race after taking advantage of Daniel Ricciardo's botched pit-stop for Red Bull.

That act of sportsmanship could still cost the German the title, and came less than two years after Hamilton refused to let his team-mate through in a role reversal at the Hungarian Grand Prix."

Not to mention the couple of points he dropped on the line to Hulkenberg @ Monaco this year too... ;)

smr

smr

Soldato
Do you still remember Buttons title as the year he had a cheat car?

Or Hamiltons first title as the year Kimi ate Ice cream?

Hamilton's 2008 title as the year Massa's engineers cost him in Singapore leaving the fuel pump in his car and Glock allowing Hamilton past you mean?

And also there was nothing cheat about the Brawn car since I remember RB lodging a complaint about it which was thrown out by the FIA, RB then copied it, and spent way more money on their car than Brawn (who had ran out of money half way thru the season) ... that's how I remember Button's title :)

Soldato
Why would they? WCC is already won so both drivers are free to race how they like.

That isn't the modus operandi though. They won't change them for the last race.

Toto Wolff already said in the last race they will not allow a split strategy from the beginning to give Hamilton a chance to mix things up.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Why would they? WCC is already won so both drivers are free to race how they like.

I think if Rosberg is under threat from third, they'll give Lewis the hurry up so they can finish with a 1-2. Ultimately Mercedes don't care who wins, so long as they finish in the best possible positions.

It'll be interesting if Lewis or Nico deny that type of order though. I for one would like a bit of spice rather than a boring lights to flag procession.

Soldato
If you are Rosberg, what engine mode do you go for? Whilst in previous races Rosberg would have preferred a win, here a win pretty much means nothing. Just needs a podium.

Soldato
If you are Rosberg, what engine mode do you go for? Whilst in previous races Rosberg would have preferred a win, here a win pretty much means nothing. Just needs a podium.

I expect him to talk about going for the win but actually leaving Lewis to drive off into the sunset whilst he drives around in second with the engine at 90%. What would you do?? I'd take second to be honest. Especially if i knew this was my best ever chance of getting a title.

Man of Honour
I expect it will be the most anticlimactic season end ever, with Lewis dominating out front and Rosberg cruising to 2nd. I can't see Rosberg pushing hard and risking the whole thing when he knows 2nd is enough.

Back
Top Bottom