• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Aftermarket Cooler For 4850

Soldato
It never fails to amaze me the detail people pick out of these pictures - I'm waiting on someone asking me what the cable coming into the PC above the graphics cards is...

Some kind of external power cable?. Looks thick enough to be a mains power adapter for some internal kit that needs it? pump maybe?

Last edited:
Soldato
It never fails to amaze me the detail people pick out of these pictures - I'm waiting on someone asking me what the cable coming into the PC above the graphics cards is...

Given that it's on the same PCI slot as your water pipes, then my guess is it's something to do with your Reserator? :p

Caporegime
Ah so it comes on when you PC turns on?

I seen the tubes just couldn't firgure out what the hell it would have to do with watercooling.

Any who VF1000 results.

The card is in a different slot. I dont see why there temps would differ as there isnt anything that would heat up the card more being where it is atm. Ill put it in the slot the card with the Vortexx Neo was in when I was testing that tomorrow, just to make sure though.

Idle temp

Idletemp-2.jpg

Max temp

Maxtemp-1.jpg

Caporegime
Thanks for the results Azza. Are there any noticeable differences between the Neo and VF1000 as regards noise?

Max fan speed it is pretty loud and more audible than the Akasa. It sounds louder and makes a different noise. At max speed and can hear it with a Sharkoon Silent Eagle 2000 on the go and thats rated at 30db.

Associate
OP
So what are the odds on seeing dedicated 4850 coolers coming on to the market in the near future..? Ones that provide airflow onto the VRMs and all the necessary sinks and so on...

Soldato
So what are the odds on seeing dedicated 4850 coolers coming on to the market in the near future..? Ones that provide airflow onto the VRMs and all the necessary sinks and so on...

Almost zero I would imagine. The new AC cooler draws air across the whole board, and from my experience it's not necessary anyway.

Soldato
I think everyones impatiently waiting for the 4870X2 ;)

Apparantly its 30% faster then 2 4870s crossfired so if thats the case then it makes the wait ever harder.

Id love to get it but scared of the noise it will make :)

Soldato
People are having problems with the vf900 and voltmodding because they arent pointing a fan over the VRMs. Remember to do that as the VRM temp is the most important one when voltmodding and overclocking.

Back
Top Bottom