***Air Fryer recipe, tips and photos thread***

Soldato
Anyone cooked lamb in theirs?

I have a butterflied leg of lamb, any advice on time and temp.

I usually ask the Google machine, which has produced the results I've wanted in the past.

Soldato
Looking for a bit of advice.

Have used the 15in1 twice now. First time was for a pork joint. Pressure cooked it for about 30 mins then air fry for 20 mins to get the crackling. This worked pretty much OK.

I tried some chips on the weekend. Cut relatively thick, bit of oil and some salt and put it on air fry. 20 mins at 200c with a shake at the 10 min mark. The chips were mostly still raw. Another 20 mins at 210 and they still weren't particularly cooked. Saved what I could as the rest of the food was going cold and binned the majority. Going to have another go tonight with smaller amount and thinner cut.

Associate
Looking for a bit of advice.

Have used the 15in1 twice now. First time was for a pork joint. Pressure cooked it for about 30 mins then air fry for 20 mins to get the crackling. This worked pretty much OK.

I tried some chips on the weekend. Cut relatively thick, bit of oil and some salt and put it on air fry. 20 mins at 200c with a shake at the 10 min mark. The chips were mostly still raw. Another 20 mins at 210 and they still weren't particularly cooked. Saved what I could as the rest of the food was going cold and binned the majority. Going to have another go tonight with smaller amount and thinner cut.
I used the steam fry in mine, chips were maybe 1cm think maybe, and were fully cooked after 20 at 200c (+ a couple mins for the steam pre build up)

Associate
Probably been asked a million times but search is letting me down, Is the Ninja Dual Basket still the best or should i be looking at others now?

Soldato
Had the Cosori air fryer probably going 2 years now , but keeping eye out for deal to pop up on the Ninja Dual main reason is the dual basket and getting 2 things cooked at the same time . also larger basket to fit whole chicken

Soldato
Is it nice and pink inside? If so, how did you do it (what settings). Thanks.

Yeah, it was lovely and juicy

Just covered in oil and salt/pepper

Sat on the top of the grill at 200 degrees for 8mins. Think the setting we used was air fry?

If I was doing it again, I'd flip it over half way through as whilst it was epic, the underside wasn't nice and dark like the top

That's in one of these - https://www.argos.co.uk/product/9473250

Last edited:
Soldato
About 20 mins for fresh chips imo. Soak the chips for about half hour before cooking. If you have a ninja, a few people finish them off on max crisp for 3-5 mins.
They turned out nice, I'll play with temps and times a bit more to see if I can improve.

Crispy chicken thigh burgers tonight - need to decide whether or not I soak in buttermilk then dip in seasoned flour or just use a dry seasoning. Loving the air fryer though apart from it being a bit loud...

Soldato
Probably been asked a million times but search is letting me down, Is the Ninja Dual Basket still the best or should i be looking at others now?
I think I could be talked into a ninja max grill V - steaming/pot capabilities of other models can be fulfilled more cheaply by other devices,
I'd like to see some actual power consumption figures for specific dishes like baking, baked-potatoes to confirm they will really use 1/3,1/4 of an oven, can't see any data on reddit, other than journo's

ninja foodi grill does look very versatile , have you tried doing your bread rolls in there too ? (seen some videos where people put pastries and regular cake tins in which the oblong shape offers),
griddle looks like it should do a good steak too, do you preheat, maybe you had already posted a pic

e: if ninja grill goes to 260C then like these calzones could do a good bun/roll job

Soldato
We've been making crispy chicken thighs and tenders recently. Super easy.

Just season up the chicken either as whole thighs or cut up, then press them in some crushed corn flakes (with more seasoning if you want). The residual moisture from the chicken will mean the rub and cornflakes mostly sticks. If not give them a quick spritz with 1 cal spray (or toss in egg whites before the cornflaking) and then bake for 12-15 mins on 160-180ish.

Whilst they're cooking I whip up a quick glaze/sauce with some honey, ketchup, sriracha and rice wine vinegar. Then when the chicken is done lob it in the pan of hot sauce and get them nicely coated.

Absolutely banging in a wrap with salad and other bits and not great on the macros/calories too (especially if you use the 1 cal spray and sugar free/low cal sauces).

Also works fine with panko or just normal breadcrumbs instead of cornflakes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom