AirPods (and AirPods Pro [and AirPods Pro 2nd generation]) now available

Soldato
Bah. I'm annoyed with myself as last night I managed to lose my AirPod Pro 2's. I've got the left one but the case and right one are, I think, on a train somewhere on the west coast mainline.

I've filled in a lost property form so maybe there's a chance I'll get them back.

Soldato
Does Find My not show anything useful?

No, I'm surprised how useless it is. On the map it shows both of the earbuds as being at my house but when I try to play a sound it only gives me the option of playing it on the left one - the one that I actually have.

Quite why it shows the pair of them here is strange.

It may show something of use if someone finds the case and the right bud but I would expect Find My to show that just 1 of them is with me now.

Associate
No, I'm surprised how useless it is. On the map it shows both of the earbuds as being at my house but when I try to play a sound it only gives me the option of playing it on the left one - the one that I actually have.

Quite why it shows the pair of them here is strange.

It may show something of use if someone finds the case and the right bud but I would expect Find My to show that just 1 of them is with me now.
I do find the find my option either 1 never connects or if it does it’s after iv found it and opened the case .
I lost mine for 2 months to find it had fallen down the side of the seat on my van

Associate
We’ll finally have an excuse for getting the new usb-c pros and ditching lighting for good. Lost my right pro somewhere in my flat, last seen 28/1 at 2am. Obviously ran out of battery so can’t play the sound, will probably wait till they drop to £200 again and pick some up.

Soldato
Just got a pair of the AirPod Pro 2s seeing as O2 had them for £200 and I could click & collect in an hour.

I've been using a pair of £20 bluetooth buds I got off amazon in 2020 that are still going fine, but wanted to treat myself. I'm blown away by how good the ANC is, and the Transparency mode is like witchcraft. I really like using them just with the built in iPhone rain / ocean sounds and ANC, and even at 10% volume it's drowned the office out entirely. The sound they output is a lot more 'rounded' than my budget buds, with an excellent bass response that isn't there just for the sake of it. They're more impressive than I expected them to be.

I've got the apple care - considering it's only £29, that seems like good value considering it covers you for 2yrs. Given the amount of posts about buds dying in this thread, I was a bit concerned about QC.

I anticipated the volume control and pressing of the stems to be a bit more intuitive, but they're not features I generally use all that much anyway. I'm much more likely to control volume etc via my phone directly.

Last edited:
Soldato

They’ve only done it once so I’m just assuming its the same.

Well you would assume its the same, but all the Apple Fanboi's were saying that the USB-C Pods were different, something to do with them being compatible with the Apple Glasses thing and having a different IP rating.

Soldato
Well you would assume its the same, but all the Apple Fanboi's were saying that the USB-C Pods were different, something to do with them being compatible with the Apple Glasses thing and having a different IP rating.

It was an assumption but with a bit of an educated guess if you will! I’m sure I’ve read from the usual places that they’re essentially the same all be it have a slightly different model number. Only so it can differ them from the previous non USB-C cased versions.

To me it sounds more like they’ve used that as an excuse to justify the upgrade! Although if I was using USB-C for all my charging rather than wireless I could visualise me making that upgrade as well as it would make things easier right across the board.

Soldato
It was an assumption but with a bit of an educated guess if you will! I’m sure I’ve read from the usual places that they’re essentially the same all be it have a slightly different model number. Only so it can differ them from the previous non USB-C cased versions.

To me it sounds more like they’ve used that as an excuse to justify the upgrade! Although if I was using USB-C for all my charging rather than wireless I could visualise me making that upgrade as well as it would make things easier right across the board.

Well thats what I thought, but was shot down, because why would Apple do that lol...

Back
Top Bottom