AirPods (and AirPods Pro [and AirPods Pro 2nd generation]) now available

Soldato
Caporegime
They could at least have had a trade in price on that. TBH I use mine for 12 hours on and off when working and don't need to plug the case in to charge until the 2nd day. No real need to ever carry the lightning cable anyway. I can live with it.

Soldato
Tell me you are shocked by this?
Last time I looked there was nothing, other than the USB-C case, that was any different between the normal Gen2's and the 'new' (still) Gen2's with USB-C...
The Type C version supports lossless audio when connected to a vision pro headset but I don’t think that will impact any of us since the headset is set for a US launch only; by the time it arrives here we’ll probably be on a newer revision of the Airpods. The rest of the differences lie with the case, the Type C case is water and dust resistant. I don’t see any point in changing the case though as I only charge wirelessly.

Soldato
I have a pair of AirPod Pro 1st gen and they are terrible. I'm thinking of just getting a new pair gen 2 USB-C AirPod Pros and just do the 5 month payment thing on Amazon. The 1st gen AirPod Pros are the worst Apple product I have ever owned.

Man of Honour
I have a pair of AirPod Pro 1st gen and they are terrible. I'm thinking of just getting a new pair gen 2 USB-C AirPod Pros and just do the 5 month payment thing on Amazon. The 1st gen AirPod Pros are the worst Apple product I have ever owned.
What's wrong with them? I had a pair until the gen 2 came out and they were fine.

Associate
I love mine. Had them nearly 2 years now and use them daily. So comfortable and I think they sound great.

Associate
Is it normal for the AirPods 3 to whine/squeal when they're idle? While connected to a Windows system they're fine when playing anything, but after they've been idle for about 30 seconds the left bud starts squealing (not loud, but it is annoying). I set a blank 1s audio clip to play every 30 seconds which stops them from going into the low power [?] mode where they squeal but it's not an ideal solution

Soldato
I have an old Lightning AirPod Pro 2 and was thinking about getting a second one with a USB-C case. I looked on the Apple website and you can get a replacement case for the old lightning one to turn it into USB-C. Problem is it costs £90. After looking on Amazon there are a whole bunch of cheap alternatives but I feel like I should probably get the official Apple gear. I'm not sure.

Being lightning free (apart from my iPhone) would be pretty great.

Soldato
Buying something just because the port is different screams more money than sense if you ask me. It's still effort to pick up the cable and plug it in regardless of port, just charge it wirelessly!

Back
Top Bottom