AirPods (and AirPods Pro [and AirPods Pro 2nd generation]) now available

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Exactly what I did, had to stump up about £50-60 but the cost to change for me was worth it. My lightning ones were about a year old anyways.
Where did you trade them in? I’m tempted to do something similar and if I can trade in my four month old pair for a reasonable sum I would.

Associate
IMG-0116.jpg

Farewell Lightning.

Soldato
What protective cases are people using for their Pro Gen2's?

I bought the Spiegen 'Urban Fit' one, I have their watch strap, iPhone case and iPad case so i though it would be a good bet, however, when I drop it, it flips open and the pods go flying....

Yes, I know I could be more careful, but if I was careful then why would I have any of the Spiegen kit right?

Last edited:
Soldato
None. My case is ok even though it goes in the left pocket with my car key. It’s got loads of really small scratches that you need to look for to see it.

My issue is more the little shards that collects and scratches crazy out of the inside of the case that’s the problem. I can’t get it clean no matter how hard I try. It was same as the first gen and the first gen pro. The case just will not stay clean on the inside.

Soldato
I ended up ordering the Spiegen Lock case, didn't spot that one the first time I ordered..
I work in sand a lot so need something where I can clip it to my bag/belt and not worry about it...

Soldato
OK so I have AirPod Pro 1st and 2nd gen. I've had loads of problems with the 1st get but the 2nd gen has been great. I also have a pair of DT990 Pro wired headphones and a FiiO KA3 DAC for them.

I use my headphones to block out external sound as well as listening to music. I'm having to stop using the DT990 Pro because I can hear too much of what is going on. So I was wondering what the best over ear headphones were that had awesome active noise cancellation? I was looking at the Sony WH-1000XM5 since they have such a good reputation but how do you handle using them with a Mac, an iPhone and a TV? Do any of you have experience of non-Apple wireless headphones on Apple gear?

Soldato
I use my headphones to block out external sound as well as listening to music. I'm having to stop using the DT990 Pro because I can hear too much of what is going on. So I was wondering what the best over ear headphones were that had awesome active noise cancellation? I was looking at the Sony WH-1000XM5 since they have such a good reputation but how do you handle using them with a Mac, an iPhone and a TV? Do any of you have experience of non-Apple wireless headphones on Apple gear?

I've got the Bose 700's, tend to use my Airpods when out and about and then use the Bose when on planes, I like them and they work well..

Soldato
I've got the Bose 700's, tend to use my Airpods when out and about and then use the Bose when on planes, I like them and they work well..
I've got a (reasonably) cheap pair of Bluetooth headphones that I use for Xbox and TV and thought they might work but I got really weird issues with audio stopping and reversing. It is hard to explain. Plugged my AirPods in and it is all perfect so now I don't know if it is just my headphones or any headphones that are not Apple. The headphones are Anker Q30s.

Soldato
So I've had my AirPod Pro Gen 1 pretty much since I got my first Apple product but I've had to have them repaired twice and they are playing up again. If Apple charge me to fix them another time I might as well see if I can get another pair of the gen 2 as they have been fine since I bought them.

Soldato
So I've had my AirPod Pro Gen 1 pretty much since I got my first Apple product but I've had to have them repaired twice and they are playing up again. If Apple charge me to fix them another time I might as well see if I can get another pair of the gen 2 as they have been fine since I bought them.

I would sell the old pair and put that money towards the gen 2.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've been wanting a new pair of headphones for quite some time but I know that if get a pair of AirPod Max Apple will release a new edition soon after. On the other hand if I want the best best quality sound then getting a pair of wired headphones to use with my DAC would be the best way to go.

I don't keep up to date with audio hardware so I'm not sure if something else is going to be available soon.

Soldato
They likely won’t be released until the end of next year - and even then the rumours are that they will just be a USB-C upgrade.

Sod waiting that amount of time for the Max 2, just get them now.

I’m holding off because I really don’t need them at this moment in time and my trusty old bose QC 25 are still somewhat fine even if they’re well worn and ear pads are all ripped! Keeping them until they’re completely done.

Back
Top Bottom