Alienware announces the AW2725DF and AW3225QF (worlds first 4k 240hz and worlds first 1440p 360hz QD-OLED monitors - launches January 2024)

Associate
My final thoughts are I prefer the 360hz monitor over the 4K 240hz, you get a dimmer display, lower resolution quality, but none of that matters when you're getting an extra 120hz (So I can imagine the 480hz LG will be insane insane insane even if it's 1080p if you can feel the difference in motion clarity from 360hz which I reckon you can).

If you're all about framerates there's only one choice to make. I have been gaming exclusively on the 360hz display for the moment :D

The 4K is nice for general desktop usage and is the go to for all of that.

Don't get me wrong the 4K 240hz is a fantastic display in it's own right, but if you're on a 4K 144hz-165hz TV I would honestly say stick with the TV, provided you don't need games running at 240hz. HDR and brightness on tv's of the last year or two modded S90C/ S95C especially is still a fair bit ahead in my opinion, I don't expect monitors to be matching them until 2026 or beyond there.

If you don't need your retinas getting fried, then all of the 4K 240hz monitors are adequate for your needs.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have my monitor set to 4k 120hz and fps set to max 120fps in Nvidia control panel and Alan Wakes 2 VRR flicker has pretty much vanished so i am sticking with that for now until we get graphics cards that can push a game like this up to 240fps and beyond.

Stunning looking game and really pushes your hardware when you set everything to the max.

Associate
I have my monitor set to 4k 120hz and fps set to max 120fps in Nvidia control panel and Alan Wakes 2 VRR flicker has pretty much vanished so i am sticking with that for now until we get graphics cards that can push a game like this up to 240fps and beyond.

Stunning looking game and really pushes your hardware when you set everything to the max.
This was the GPU killer with CP2077.

No other games demanded more with all the bells and whistles, at least at launch date, maybe things have improved a bit since then.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom