Alienware announces the AW2725DF and AW3225QF (worlds first 4k 240hz and worlds first 1440p 360hz QD-OLED monitors - launches January 2024)

Associate
MW3 being Modern Warfare 3 at 300-600fps ‘without a reduction in the visuals of the game.’ What GPU???

Well you did say having to go to lowest settings, which you don't have to, you can keep them on whatever settings you have, but relying on fsr/dlss will still reduce the image quality anyway, but not to the point I can tell in such high speed motion, unless digital foundry are on the case, whatever the reduction is, is negligible to me, vs having the higher refresh rate.

and the higher ranges I was going to were for Valorant CS2 and RB6. I'm usually at 360-460 in MW3 with FSR3

Associate
Not had an issue with it myself yet, are you on an nvidia gpu? What scaling are you using?
Hi yhea I have the msi supremx wc 4090. I think the scaleing was on the recommended 160 in game setting. Windows is set to its recommended scaling as well. I am wondering if it might be that I am use to gaming on a 27 inch 4k monitor and the drop to 1440p has something todo with it

Associate
Hi yhea I have the msi supremx wc 4090. I think the scaleing was on the recommended 160 in game setting. Windows is set to its recommended scaling as well. I am wondering if it might be that I am use to gaming on a 27 inch 4k monitor and the drop to 1440p has something todo with it
Yeah could easily be that, you can notice the drop off when side by side as well.

Especially if you were so used to 4K by now.

There was a solution I posted on 1st post of oled g9 thread that may be worth trying though.

Last edited:
Associate
Just received my monitor from the Dell online outlet. The wait was a bit annoying for an in stock item but I guess it could have come from anywhere in reality. Had a good look over and so far only found a repaired hole in the box. Monitor was packaged like new and seems to have the better shipping wrap. After setting it up I did notice some spots to one side of the screen on the surface but they cleaned off with glass cleaner. No scratches.

Firmware was 103 so updated to 105. So far compared to my previous AW3423DW it's very similar in overall image quality as expected. The extra resolution is definitely noticeable in games as is the modest bump in screen refresh. This monitor feels bigger overall compared to the UW screen. I'm pretty sure I'll stick to this monitor now.
Awesome! Can you share a timeline / some info about the delivery from Dell Outlet? I just ordered the AW2725DF from there today and it's saying estimated arrival May 20. I don't mind waiting since it's still a decent discount with full warranty, but I can't find anything online about what to expect.

It's just showing delivery as "WWI UK BY ROAD", which isn't very helpful... Order is currently "In Production" :cry:

Last edited:
Soldato
Awesome! Can you share a timeline / some info about the delivery from Dell Outlet? I just ordered the AW2725DF from there today and it's saying estimated arrival May 20. I don't mind waiting since it's still a decent discount with full warranty, but I can't find anything online about what to expect.

It's just showing delivery as "WWI UK BY ROAD", which isn't very helpful... Order is currently "In Production" :cry:
Yes exactly what I had. Ended up with a 2nd order number confirmed after about a week and it took about 2 weeks to actually arrive from the initial order. The dates they give tend to be overestimated from having ordered a couple of Dell monitors. 1 new & 1 open box.

Associate
Hi, have been having email support back and forth regarding a problem with my AW2725DF for last few weeks but wondering if others have this same issue. I'm someone who keeps their pc on all day, but just switches off/on the monitor when I come and go to use it. Each time thought I switch the screen on, I have a double black screen blinking - often needing me to move my mouse before it occurs. I noticed once when I did a Google search of the problem and saw another person listing same problem in results, but not found it since. I have sent Dell videos of it happening, full powershell records etc, but they say their engineers do not think it is a hardware related problem - partly because my pc is a personal custom build and not a pre-built.

One thought of theirs was it is Nvidia drivers, but I never suffered this annoyance with my previous ips panel. I have tried disabling dsc but made no difference.
My spec if it makes any difference:

5800x3d
32gb Team Group 3200 ddr4
msi mag x570
msi 4080 suprim
Corsair 850rmx psu

Anyone else having this same issue?

Soldato
For those of you who use a PS5 do you use console mode for source tone mapping, which I believe is HGiG, or do you leave it normal then just set clicks for appropriate nits level?

Last edited:
Soldato
mi got my 3225qf today - picture is fantatic. is there any HDR profiles kicking about for it? Ive got it set to peak hdr1000 in the settings - should i try and set my HDR in windows to 1000 or do i just calibrate it for 550-600 or whatever it falls at and then put in game settings to max 1000 nits?

Im a bit confused on the best way to view hdr content.

Soldato
mi got my 3225qf today - picture is fantatic. is there any HDR profiles kicking about for it? Ive got it set to peak hdr1000 in the settings - should i try and set my HDR in windows to 1000 or do i just calibrate it for 550-600 or whatever it falls at and then put in game settings to max 1000 nits?

Im a bit confused on the best way to view hdr content.

Windows desktop use SDR
Calibrate HDR to 1000 using the windows calibration too so movies and the odd game which supports windows calibration will look good
After that just use the in-game settings
If using Nvidia you can try RTX HDR which actually simplifies things a lot and often looks better

Associate
Brighter in what way.? Average brightness or peak brightness.?
When I was testing HDR1000 had a grey tint on a white window it was weird. Went back to true black 400 and the colour accuracy was back and brighter.

Maybe there's an issue with it? I don't know but dimmer for me and less accurate colour reproduction.

Associate
When I was testing HDR1000 had a grey tint on a white window it was weird. Went back to true black 400 and the colour accuracy was back and brighter.

Maybe there's an issue with it? I don't know but dimmer for me and less accurate colour reproduction.
How big was the window in %…?

Soldato
i spent a bit of time learning the various calibration settings for windows and in games on hdr.

I feel ive got the display perfect now, it looks stunning, blacks look even blacker somehow than my LG G2

After reading above - i did have a play with TB400 - its hard to tell the difference between the two - i used doom eternal as a reference.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom