Amazon Luna

Soldato
Anybody jumped on now that it has launched in the UK?

I was a big Stadia user and very sad to see it go, so I'm now going to dip my toes into the Amazon Luna cloud.

I was looking at picking up a Luna controller but it's a bit on the expensive side, so I'm just going to be using my Stadia controller over Bluetooth for the time being.

Another frustration is the TV app is r available on Android TV, only Fire TVs and Firesticks! Understandably it's competition but it's still frustrating. So it seems I'll be trying this out on the PC and mobile for the time being.

Going to be giving the Prime games a go first to see how it fairs before subscribing to any channels.

So far, in my opinion Amazon is offering great value for money with a Prime sub. Not only do you get deliveries, but you get Prime Video, Music, Reading, and now 4/5 rotating games per month.

Excited to see how far Amazon push this. Clearly GFN is the leader here and nobody has come close to their technology but for a casual, Luna could be a nice alternative.

Caporegime
Going to try this out at some point soon - if you link your Ubisoft account to Luna, it will let you play all the Ubisoft games that you own (and that are available on Luna) for nowt apparently!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Going to try this out at some point soon - if you link your Ubisoft account to Luna, it will let you play all the Ubisoft games that you own (and that are available on Luna) for nowt apparently!

I THINK you might have to be a Prime member to access the Uni games. But it's a fantastic feature nonetheless.

I can't get Horizon Chase to work for the life of me. It gets to the game menu and is just stuck in "loading" forever.

I'm going to start my 7 day free Luna+ trial when the kids go back to school. Hopfully get Sonic Colours completed, been itching to play that for a while.

Soldato
OP
Loaded the Luna app onto my TV today and gave it a good go for an hour. I used a Bluetooth Switch Pro controller and my TV is wired in to a 500mb FTTP connection.

It's got nothing on Stadia. Input lag was quite noticeable. But that could easily be put down to the Bluetooth connection. However, makes it not an enjoyable experience and need to invest in yet another controller which I don't want to do.

Yakuza was pretty much unplayable for me. Input lag "felt like" a full second, which made it feel awful. Framerate also felt like ~20fps. Not good.

Horizon Turbo was the best game I played. Really decent input lag. Noticeable but not as much.

AC Origins wasn't good either. Felt like 30fps which is never a good cloud experience.

Anybody else able to comment on Yakuza? (The one included with Prime). I'm only 30 minutes in and just got dropped into the city. That's where the awful FPS is for me.

Soldato
I’m in France until Monday so can’t try it out yet. I did just read that LG have said that the Luna app will be coming to their TV’s not sure if it’ll come to mine we will see (CX). I have a Switch Pro controller so the above might be a solution for me.

Soldato
OP
I’m in France until Monday so can’t try it out yet. I did just read that LG have said that the Luna app will be coming to their TV’s not sure if it’ll come to mine we will see (CX). I have a Switch Pro controller so the above might be a solution for me.

I managed to sideload the Luna app quite easily on my Philips AndroidTV

Back
Top Bottom