• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***AMD Freesync owners thread***

Associate
I guess if you discount the people returning theirs as technically they are no longer owners

I would like to know how many have returned there's. I honestly can't see any ghosting in any of my games. The monitor is gorgeous and vibrant and games have never looked better. Still want this crossfire freesync drive to come but that will only makes things better im sure :)

Associate
Samsung have five different 4K VA panels coming, but i don't know the exact date. :)

What dates do you know? Why can't we find any information about the upcoming Samsung monitors when they were announced back in Nov last year together with AMD? Is there any information you can share? Or, how can we contact the Samsung rep to find out details of already announced products that supposed to be available by now? That is because if you contact Samsung they either do not respond or they do not know anything. I now started to call these models as ghosts because nobody really knows anything about them but say that "they are coming."

The way how I see it is that AMD benefits from these names but when it comes to providing information AMD says that "ask the vendor we do not know anything..." I think this is not right. I little bit more clarity would be appreciated here. ;)

Caporegime
@AMDMatt

Ddo you have any info on whether or not we might see 1440p IPS/VA/PLS 60z Freesync monitors by the summer?

What dates do you know? Why can't we find any information about the upcoming Samsung monitors when they were announced back in Nov last year together with AMD? Is there any information you can share? Or, how can we contact the Samsung rep to find out details of already announced products that supposed to be available by now? That is because if you contact Samsung they either do not respond or they do not know anything. I now started to call these models as ghosts because nobody really knows anything about them but say that "they are coming."

The way how I see it is that AMD benefits from these names but when it comes to providing information AMD says that "ask the vendor we do not know anything..." I think this is not right. I little bit more clarity would be appreciated here. ;)

I'd love to be able to tell you gents, unfortunately It's not my place nor responsibility to be announcing release dates for Samsung or any other company, aside from the one i work for.

As soon as that information is made publicly available, of course i will share it with everyone.

Associate
I'd love to be able to tell you gents, unfortunately It's not my place nor responsibility to be announcing release dates for Samsung or any other company, aside from the one i work for.

As soon as that information is made publicly available, of course i will share it with everyone.

Matt, please do not get me wrong as you're very helpful but AMD does benefit from the brand names such as Samsung. AMD advertises all over how great Freesync is and how many monitor manufacturers offer Freesync products. This is a clear association while every single time when AMD is asked, AMD washes its hands ... "we do not know". This is a bit of false advertising because AMD promises something that is beyond its control. The drawback is that after a period of time consumers learn that AMD is clueless or dishonest. Neither of those options are good for AMD.

We can assume that AMD has regular contact with those manufacturers since AMD uses their name to promote the new Freesync right? Therefore, I think it is time for AMD to be a bit more proactive and perhaps ask those vendors to provide information about products that were announced about 6 months ago or agree on what AMD should disclose. Believe it or not but probably AMD and the monitor manufacturers would benefit from this. I assume that the fancy website at AMD with the table of supporting monitors had some purpose because today it is nothing but a useless space of bandwidth.

Is there any way you can provide more information? BTW, at the moment there is no 4K monitor that supports Freesync.

*** Comment: This thread may not be the right place for my question. I did not want to hijack the topic.

Last edited:
Soldato
I wasn't expecting any concrete info Matt, really just an educated guess as to whether any manufacturer might release various screen types over the next 2-3 months.

Associate
I wasn't expecting any concrete info Matt, really just an educated guess as to whether any manufacturer might release various screen types over the next 2-3 months.

The answer will be "yes" (wanna bet?) ;)
The Samsung UE590 (23.6 and 28-inch) models were supposed to be available from March according to the announcement made in Nov 2014 and at the CES in Jan 2015.

Caporegime
No ghosting here after calibration :D Its BenQ choice of stock preset.. This nothing to do with Freesync..

PCper have made this blown way over the top.. Making people believe the ghosting is a problem with Freesync..

I think they only one guy on here so far say they see Ghosting in games.. I seen it in one game before I calibrated the display Eye balling for now..

The range on the Ben! is very good I find 40-144.. 4k was never going to be a buy from me anyways it would need 120hz+ before I even think about 4K.. By then we should have GPUs powerful enough to make 4K enjoyable gaming experience. Single GPU etc

After reading that article with forbes and pc per they say the ghosting has been noticed on other monitors, not just the benq. :eek:

Caporegime
Depends entirely on the monitor. Usually IPS has better response times and especially less input lag, however, in the case of these monitors:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-004-EO&groupid=17&catid=510

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-211-SA&groupid=17&catid=2898

They are better than IPS monitors when it comes to input lag and response time especially that eizo screen.

VA would be my go to purely because of the better blacks/contrast ratio:

- colours "pop" out more especially on darker images
- you see a lot more detail in the darker images/films/games

This is for plasma TV's so the contrast ratio is much higher than your average VA/IPS CR:

20ppRJS.png

Can you guess which one has the better blacks/contrast ratio? :p

The one on the right has about a 20000:1 contrast ratio, for comparison to monitors:

TN - 800-1000:1
VA - 2000-4000:1
IPS - 900-1300:1

IPS is better for pure colour accuracy and viewing angles but it also has IPS glow (a cloudy white effect which is more noticeable when viewing from an angle, only an issue for dark images), this varies, some screens can have very little and some can have loads.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom