• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Launches Three Kaveri APU SKUs in February 2014 – Feature Set For A10 and A8 APUs Detailed

Soldato
Yeah If it can provide near on i5 sandybridge performance then i'd sell up my intel gear and build myself a mini-itx system. I've been looking at them 290s, the less shader jobby.
But my 7950 still does a great job so I'll probably hold out until later next year as I don't game in the summer.

How's your 290 getting on ? You happy with it ?

Caporegime
From their page ;
AMD TrueAudio™ technology is offered on select AMD Radeon™ R9 and R7 200 Series GPUs and is designed to improve acoustic realism. Requires an enabled game or application. Not all audio equipment supports all audio effects; additional audio equipment may be required for some audio effects. Not all products feature all technologies—check with your component or system manufacturer for specific capabilities.

So.... AMD with more noise (lol) about something which so far is useless?

Soldato
True Audio is going to be supported in games like Thief perhaps even in star citizen. Its a nice feature but i doubt at this point (atleast in the beginning) its going to mean much. It only allows for offloading to the chip from the cpu and adding more channels due to not being limited by the cpu(if it would have been in the first place). All of this should yield better performance and more headroom for the devs to go crazy in theory atleast.

Associate
So performance (going by AMD's obviousl show their CPU in the best light) BF4 demonstration show Kaveri having a decent amount of performance. I think it will be interesting to see how it's performance will be affect/improved by faster RAM and overclocking.

Last edited:
Soldato
Kaveri APU will support both Mantel and TrueAudio.:eek:

There is a lot of surprises still to be reveal with Mantel, AMD has yet to play it's ace card, going to be a interesting few months ahead.

Soldato
Kaveri looks like it's going to be decent, not long till release now tbh. Wander if desktop Steamroller chips will follow after the Kaveri launch..

If they were going to produce 8-core and up Steamroller CPUs, you would think they might plan to use them in their server range. Since their server roadmap indicates Piledriver cores for all of 2014, it looks very unlikely that we'll see 8-core steamroller on the desktop, sadly :(

http://www.xbitlabs.com/picture/?src=/images/news/2013-06/amd_opteron_roadmap.png

Soldato
OP
If they were going to produce 8-core and up Steamroller CPUs, you would think they might plan to use them in their server range. Since their server roadmap indicates Piledriver cores for all of 2014, it looks very unlikely that we'll see 8-core steamroller on the desktop, sadly :(

http://www.xbitlabs.com/picture/?src=/images/news/2013-06/amd_opteron_roadmap.png

What about 8 core non igpu parts on the FM2+ platform?

I've seen rumors of 8+ cores and bringing back the 'Phenom' monikor, (Just saying). We really have no idea at this point :p. AMD play their cards close to the chest these days.

Caporegime
Back
Top Bottom