• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** AMD R290X NOW AVAILABLE & OVERCLOCKING REVIEW!! **

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
a reference cooler is there to do a job. its not there to provide unboundaried overclocking potential.

you wouldn't overclock your 4770K on a stock heatsink and expect it to be efficient and quiet. expecting more than stock cooling from a stock cooler is counter productive.

Agreed - I have no problems with the stock cooler, indeed its probably a requirement to be a bit naff or the partners would have little room to innovate/differentiate/improve. It could be better than it is but not by much without eroding that market.

Permabanned
rjkoneill I assume You dont have those EK block in Yet cause You would have one Yourself :)

But i plan on doing same thing. Put water block on and then see what sort of clock can i get out of it :D If Gibbo does 1200 on air that should be my starting point for daily clock on water :D

My 7950 after few hours of BF4 was hitting 57c-58c max. With this on thermal limit of 95 Anything below 80 i will consider as daily stable :D

Soldato
But i plan on doing same thing. Put water block on and then see what sort of clock can i get out of it :D If Gibbo does 1200 on air that should be my starting point for daily clock on water :D
:D

you do know Gibbo was doing that OC in the middle of a freezing car park at 3am on the back of his 911 ?

It actually makes a good torture bench area, as long as you put a plank of wood down.

OcUK Staff
OP
you do know Gibbo was doing that OC in the middle of a freezing car park at 3am on the back of his 911 ?

It actually makes a good torture bench area, as long as you put a plank of wood down.

Don't give me ideas, I did it in the office actually with heating on.

Opening a window, fan blowing card air, I'd have managed 1250 core in all benchmarks no problem. :)

Permabanned
Gibbo next up is keeping whole motherboard in fridge :D
spyshot:
fridge5nc.jpg

Back
Top Bottom