• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD VEGA confirmed for 2017 H1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
How are you on the MM when you need 1000 posts and only have 900 odd? Only want to know because I am missing out on all the deals and would actually like to purchase and sell to members here as it is our community.

Same here. I've left a Web note and everything not had a reply yet.

Soldato
Ah well. Was just wondering. At least know, guess it wouldn't take that long with the way some these conversations go anyways.

On topic, has any new news on Vega dropped today or anyone seen new interviews with any snippets of information.

Soldato
There was a time limit as well I think, but cannot remember.

Spamming a thread had your post count reduced by how many spam posts you did as well, to stop spamming I think.

Last edited:
Soldato
yep, I think being a forum member for a year also qualified for mm

That yeah isn't the case now according to the the FAQ.

Although I would like to see anyone who has been here two years require 500 posts. It still shows they are part of the community, post etc but maybe don't contribute as much on a daily basis.

Edit: Or 4 years and 250 posts. Going to be honest, 4 years would be a long time for a Troll/Scammer to wait. In honesty at that point there is as much chance of issues from someone who has spent 4 years will little posting or 6 months with 1k posts are going to pose.

I don't believe the risk to the MM community is there at that point in my opinion.

Last edited:
Associate
That yeah isn't the case now according to the the FAQ.

Although I would like to see anyone who has been here two years require 500 posts. It still shows they are part of the community, post etc but maybe don't contribute as much on a daily basis.

Edit: Or 4 years and 250 posts. Going to be honest, 4 years would be a long time for a Troll/Scammer to wait. In honesty at that point there is as much chance of issues from someone who has spent 4 years will little posting or 6 months with 1k posts are going to pose.

I don't believe the risk to the MM community is there at that point in my opinion.
The issue was done to death at the time of the change over and the rules stuck.

It used to be 250 + time as noted, once you hit that mark you had to request the access as it isn't automatic. And if you'd got access @ 250 posts when the new changes came in at 1000 posts you retained it.

Moving along now! Vega i really hope lives up to the billing, first of all from a pure competition stand point as well as performance increases all round :)

Last edited:
Soldato
The issue was done to death at the time of the change over and the rules stuck.

It used to be 250 + time as noted, once you hit that mark you had to request the access as it isn't automatic. And if you'd got access @ 250 posts when the new changes came in at 1000 posts you retained it.

Moving along now! Vega i really hope lives up to the billing, first of all from a pure competition stand point as well as performance increases all round :)

Hey don't grumble. I read through the first few pages of the old thread when it changed and didn't see anything. I tried to bring it back on topic about 10 posts ago but it didn't happen.

In response to your Vega comment though. Yes I do also, however we will certainly be waiting a while to find that out.

Associate
1000 posts seems like an odd restriction to be honest. The more important restriction is surely time, so people become part of the community and thus more trustworthy. Clearly they don't want people to just lurk for 6-12 months (whatever the time limit is) to get access but 1000 seems rather excessive for a post count. It just encourages spam in all the speculation threads. :D

Nah. When you consider it. We get them posts and get access to cheap products. That's means we won't be buying from overclocker.

Soldato
like it or loathe it-AMD kicked off the new wave of api's with Mantle(which kicked serious Nv butt at times-loved it:D), which was handed over to MS and no doubt helped(as Nv would have too) developing DX12 with MS, and Mantle handed off(as promised) to create the foundations of Vulkan.
Except for it wasn't AMD who kicked of the new wave of API's. It was PowerVR who gave us the first successful widely used modern day low level API who kicked it off. PowerVR Metal API did far more to for low level API's then Mantle did.

Also who is Mark Papermaster from AMD? There is joint big picture keynote coming up from Imagination (PowerVR) and AMD and I was as trying to work out the connection/link. My guess is Vulkan API related with a bit of VR mixed in. Anyone know Marks background and job roles?

Last edited:
Soldato
Except for it wasn't AMD who kicked of the new wave of API's. It was PowerVR who gave us the first successful widely used modern day low level API who kicked it off. PowerVR Metal API did far more to for low level API's then Mantle did.

Also who is Mark Papermaster from AMD? There is joint big picture keynote coming up from Imagination (PowerVR) and AMD and I was as trying to work out the connection/link. My guess is Vulkan API related with a bit of VR mixed in. Anyone know Marks background and job roles?

Metal API was designed to be used with low powered mobile devices not elite tier desktop class products, this is whole different ball game.

Soldato
Metal API was designed to be used with low powered mobile devices not elite tier desktop class products, this is whole different ball game.
First of all how is it a different ball game? It’s the same ballgame as low level API are not dependent on the product. For example Vulkan is just as good for low powered mobile devices as it is for elite tier desktop class products there is no difference. PowerVR Metal is just the same.

Also Metal hasn’t just been used in low powered mobile devices. It’s been used in desktop and consoles as well. It was PowerVR with Metal that kicked started the move back to low Level API’s not AMD. Don't get me wrong AMD did contribute a lot but they shouldn't be credited with creating or kick-starting todays low level API's.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom