• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 5 rumours

Caporegime
I bet same will apply to Zen 5 desktop
I don't see any benefit in Win11 and the only "reason" to upgrade is being forced like this by made up requirements
oh joy, time to study ways to make win11 reasonable (no MS account, replace start menu, remove ads, reduce background bloat, whatever the story about Virtualization-Based Security)
you can do all that.

Associate
In all honesty its the same across the board unless you go with linux, which is great as a server OS but honestly pretty useless for desktop (not biased here use them all but end up back on windows or mac os due to support or other reasons), Mac OS is even worse where you have to upgrade to use the latest Xcode otherwise it just wont work, upgrades every year unless you dont want to develop for the latest iOS.

Windows 10 has had its run an 11 really isn't that bad.

Caporegime
Yeah Windows 11 is fine, nothing wrong with it, its a pain having to turn the security stuff on in the BIOS to install it but once it is installed you can turn it off again, you don't need an online MS account, when installing it disconnect the PC from the internet and chose local account only, or you can remove the online account from the PC later.
There are no adverts, i don't know where this idea comes from but its not true.
The start menu has a different layout to the one in win 10 but its still the start menu, you have customisable pinned apps on the front page and if you click on all apps it takes you to what is essentially the win 10 start menu.

Soldato
Yeah Windows 11 is fine, nothing wrong with it, its a pain having to turn the security stuff on in the BIOS to install it but once it is installed you can turn it off again, you don't need an online MS account, when installing it disconnect the PC from the internet and chose local account only, or you can remove the online account from the PC later.
There are no adverts, i don't know where this idea comes from but its not true.
The start menu has a different layout to the one in win 10 but its still the start menu, you have customisable pinned apps on the front page and if you click on all apps it takes you to what is essentially the win 10 start menu.
The ads are there it is the "recommended section" of the start menu. If you have toggle off the show recommendations for tips, app promotions, and more then you have disabled the ads that MS are putting in there but there deffo are ads in W11.

I still hate you can't have the task bar pinned to the left or right of the screen without a third party app. It has been in windows forever and wasn't needing to be removed. W11 deffo still has more issues than W10 on stability too. I have had multiple issues with it after upgrading and had to revert back to W10. And the menus and icons etc are just awful with where to navigate too. Things locked away even more from users. It isn't a good experience. Can only hope W12 will fix all the issues and try again.

Caporegime
I didn't know that, everything you see here in recomended is just stuff that i have recently installed, i may have turned it off at some point, i can't remember....

The pinned section at the top i haven't done anything with, i tend to use the search bar on the taskbar to launch apps, its quicker or force of habit now as in dence or complex apps that i use you have to use the search function to find feature or settings quickly.

My Desktop is a mess i know.... :D

lOnFNjn.jpeg

Soldato
If you're loading W11 on fresh, I would always use the official ISO and Rufus to build the USB drive. The latest version includes tick boxes to create local account instead of online account if required, though that's not even required to achieve that.

People don't like change, I get it, I wish we could still use XP but you gotta suck it up and conform.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom