Maz

Maz

Soldato
Excellent,

I felt for it in the end.

Well played to all partys involved
icon14.gif

Soldato
Mr. Marcus has been a positive contributor to the forums for a while. He's never insulted anyone or made snidy or petty remarks. It now appears we've lost a valued poster because he dared to disagree with the main flow of opinion. He certainly didn't deserve to be insulted or sniped at, and I doubt if this is the first time he's experienced pettiness in GD. Another worthy contributor seems to have bitten the dust. Let's all walk on eggshells and agree with one another. We shouldn't form our own opinions and let them be known.

Have a free Smiley on me: :rolleyes:

Man of Honour
Originally posted by MindYerBeak
Mr. Marcus has been a positive contributor to the forums for a while. He's never insulted anyone or made snidy or petty remarks. It now appears we've lost a valued poster because he dared to disagree with the main flow of opinion. He certainly didn't deserve to be insulted or sniped at, and I doubt if this is the first time he's experienced pettiness in GD. Another worthy contributor seems to have bitten the dust. Let's all walk on eggshells and agree with one another. We shouldn't form our own opinions and let them be known.

Have a free Smiley on me: :rolleyes:

Walk on all the eggshells you like and agree with who you will.

I don't agree with Marcus' actions. I felt it was my fault he had chosen to do what he did at first, then I realised it was merely an over-reaction on his part.

I'd like to redirect the quoted rolleyes at Marcus himself.

Permabanned
I see Marcus's account has been closed as he asked then.. his posts were among the most intelligent and well-thought out in SC and GD.. oh well :(

Man of Honour
Originally posted by dirtydog
I see Marcus's account has been closed as he asked then.. his posts were among the most intelligent and well-thought out in SC and GD.. oh well :(

hopefully he will return as I assume because he hasnt been banned he can have his account re openend if he requests it ?

to lose any member is sad :(

Soldato
To be honest, this did seem like an 'in-joke' really, like said earlier, very funny for everyone who knew, but not particulaly funny at all for those that were 'outside' the loop.

Though I guess thats whats April Fools day is about, laughing at the misfortune of others through deception.

When you put it like that it doesnt seem like quite such a 'cool' thing to do .

Ah well, personally I wasnt bothered, didnt know what bitboy was 'famous' for, though I might have a look now to see if I can find some of his posts :)

Soldato
There was a time I would have been shocked at this complete sense of humour bypass. However, it's one thing on the forums which is becoming more and more common. Jesus christ, talk about mood killer! :rolleyes:

I thought it was amusing anyway.... hats off to the valient Bitboy :)

Man of Honour
Originally posted by Lostkat
There was a time I would have been shocked at this complete sense of humour bypass. However, it's one thing on the forums which is becoming more and more common. Jesus christ, talk about mood killer! :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Big Kev
Bitboy has shown he has a good sense of humour, pity more on here don't.

ok how about those that actually may have thought he was banned ? these might be people of whom considered him as a friend or who they were indeed sad to see be banned from the forum.

People take things in different ways. The thread was posted after 12 which immediately to most people myself included thought well its not an april fool because after 12 the fool is on the person who does it. Then a fair few of the dons and underbosses get involved to convince the forum he has actually been banned and make up a very plausible reason why.

Some people would feel a bit down as another member / friend is lost to the forum.

Do you really think everyone is going to turn around and go WHOPPPEEEE DOOOO !!!!!! He's not banned and my oh my that was funny ?

I doubt anyone actually ever wanted Bitboy banned but as all people react in different ways to different scenarios some people i.e me , dirtydog, Rich_L, tupac seemed to just find the joke a bit in bad taste for those that weren't in on the joke.

others such as Marcus seem to have got really offended by it and therefore has had his account removed, so in essence having made a joke about losing a memebr we have in fact lost a member.

Some people will find it funny, some wont find it funny but will probably post a well played or a got me, etc but be a bit miffed by it anyway, some really would have enjoyed it, some will have found it in bad taste, some would have got offended by it and some would just refrain form posting in this thread at all.

This you have to expect on a forum like this with a large number of members all form different backgrounds all with different personalties.

I really think the best option is to close both threads and just forget about it before more harm is done.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom