Antec P180 Owners Thread

Soldato
Here's a picture of what I did with my P180. It's super quiet, even under absolute full load.

PB140002.jpg

Soldato
i've just got this case and looking inside i'm pretty happy with it. haven't wired it up yet, but have some questions...

Got a seasonic psu, should the exhaust of that go up or down and should I leave the psu cooler in?

Will a scythe ninja be enough cooling for an X2 4200 given that it's next to the back and upper exhausts - or should i bolster that with an additional mounted fan?

Any recommendations on cooling a GTO2 quietly?

Associate
case coating?

Hi guys, had my p180 for a few weeks now, and love it,(with the exception of that front door...... :rolleyes: !) However, I've noticed that the side pannel has some finger marks on it where I've removed it to add more drives etc. I can't seem to get rid of them very easily, and I'm a bit reluctant to using polishes incase it does something to the surface finish/coating :eek:! Anyone else had this problem, or any ideas on how to sort it?

Soldato
jimmy83 said:
Hi guys, had my p180 for a few weeks now, and love it,(with the exception of that front door...... :rolleyes: !) However, I've noticed that the side pannel has some finger marks on it where I've removed it to add more drives etc. I can't seem to get rid of them very easily, and I'm a bit reluctant to using polishes incase it does something to the surface finish/coating :eek:! Anyone else had this problem, or any ideas on how to sort it?

Clean it the same way you should always clean aluminium panels/cases, warm water with the smallest amount of washing up liquid possible (and I do mean a really tiny amount, as you know it’s very very strong) stir the water to make sure it's well mixed in. Remove the panel then simply use a clean non-coloured (I've used a cloth in the past which was mostly white with a blue checkered pattern and the blue rubbed onto the case, hence me saying that) lint free cloth. I find a yellow duster works well. Dip it into the water, ring well and rub over the finger marks. Then dry the area, making sure the panel is completely dry before replacing it onto the case.

Associate
Fuzzi Bear said:
Does "down or up" mean that we can choose, or that you are unsure which direction to push them?

I tried both and it wont come off, so im scared to use more force until i know which direction to push these clips.

I have to say that ive only had the machine installed for about a month, and 'sweet J3sus' it catches a lot of dust on the filter. Hate to think how much would go inside the machine if they weren't there!

Bit old now, I know, but....
Yeah, be careful with them, i've just managed to snap one of the securing clips off...... :( ! pushed it down too far. They really don't require much force, just carefully hinge them down!

Associate
Is there anyone with a P180 and an ASUS A8N SLi Premium that can suggest me a good, high wattage (500w+) PSU that will reach the motherboard's sockets?

Basically, if you've got a P180 and an ASUS A8n SLi Premium, as well as a decent PSU, let me know what make your PSU is please :)

Soldato
FosterK said:
Is there anyone with a P180 and an ASUS A8N SLi Premium that can suggest me a good, high wattage (500w+) PSU that will reach the motherboard's sockets?

Basically, if you've got a P180 and an ASUS A8n SLi Premium, as well as a decent PSU, let me know what make your PSU is please :)

I have a Seasonic S12 500W and a 20cm ATX extender.

Associate
Got me P180 2 days ago...Very nice. front swing door is definatly a little too flimsy. Apart from that its very well built. only problem i had putting it together was running power cables from psu to motherboard. My 2 graphics cards took up too much room. And i had to remoce the fan duct above the graphics cards as that wouldnt fit with the cpu cooler i bought.

Soldato
Nauggie - quick question - were you able to use the enermax liberty with the bottom 38mm thick fan installed in your P180 ? The fan on my 600w noisteaker is on its way out, and am thinking of changing anyway as a couple of my cabled have been snagged.

Soldato
Jesus christ, I have to say I have had a nightmare today with the side panels on this case. They refused to go on and off with any ease and in the end I snapped off one of them and damaged 2 others, the plastic retention clips i mean. I now have had to try and super glue them back on.. beware of this guys.

Associate
I decided my old case was a bit naff. Well actually it was very naff.

So I've gone and spent a reasonable amount of money and treated myself to a P180 and an HE 550W PSU.

Smashing.

Put it all together, and the SATA drive wasn't spinning up properly. Hmmm. After about an hour and a few more (probably 20+) reboots and a bit of fiddling (every variation of cabling imaginable) the PSU is worse than ever. Now it can't stay on for more than a second. Arse poo.

Plug my Qtec back in... and it works first time.

http://www.globbits.com/temp/IMG_1556.jpg

Beautiful. You've got to love the daisy chained fans...

To top it all off... the P180 has a special little caddy for your PSU, lined with silicon strips. These silicon strips not only deaden vibration, but rip off "Warranty Void" stickers when you try and extract the PSU. Joy. Ah well, it's (the PSU) all boxed up and waiting for the courier.

I'm off to buy some shares in Qtec. :(

The case is very nice, albeit suffering from the very common door bulge problem. Has anyone come across with a comprehensive fix for this yet?

Anyway, once I've managed to get a new PSU in I'll have a proper look, and give some more detailed thoughts on the case.

PS: I'd also be interested in whether anyone has successfully hooked an Audigy 2 (bog standard version) up to the front connectors

Associate
Jimbo said:
Jesus christ, I have to say I have had a nightmare today with the side panels on this case. They refused to go on and off with any ease and in the end I snapped off one of them and damaged 2 others, the plastic retention clips i mean. I now have had to try and super glue them back on.. beware of this guys.

A common problem people have is mixing up the two types of thumb screw on the lower HDD caddy.

If you look at the picture below you can see one thumbscrew is slightly shallower than the other. I made the mistake myself until I recalled reading about it earlier in this thread.

http://www.globbits.com/temp/IMG_1558.jpg

Soldato
fatbob said:
I decided my old case was a bit naff. Well actually it was very naff.

The case is very nice, albeit suffering from the very common door bulge problem. Has anyone come across with a comprehensive fix for this yet?

Anyway, once I've managed to get a new PSU in I'll have a proper look, and give some more detailed thoughts on the case.

PS: I'd also be interested in whether anyone has successfully hooked an Audigy 2 (bog standard version) up to the front connectors

My front door sticks right out in the middle too, it looks naff, and I would also like to know what sound cards can be linked up to the front panel ports too.

Back
Top Bottom