any insurance gurus here

Associate
OP
Just back from work, quick update.
Still a no fault claim, no loss of excess.
Still a hire car in my garage.
Claim back from the underwriters, turns out a K and N is really just an airfilter, it doesnt turn a 2 ton 4X4 into a boy racers car....LOL
Had a cheeky offer, not far away, sent prices to them from Autotrader that I saved from day after accident, good tip, awaiting next offer.
Had medical for soft tissue injuries, awaiting offer from legal folks.
Had physio because the doctor recommended it, physio doesn't think so, Doctor must be on a referal kickback.

Oh and my PPI claim has been upheld so I am awaiting a large cheque from them.

HAPPY DAYS

Dave
:D:D:D:D

Soldato
Yup! Although some companies will let you continue the policy on another car "as a gesture of goodwill" (after charging you the admin fee to change car!)

What's even more amusing is that if your premium is more than the value of your car (as is the case with most young/inexperience drivers), then the payout you get doesn't even cover the premiums, resulting in you having to pay out the remainder, plus your excess (for a young driver you could be talking £500+).

E.g. car worth £1000, premium is £2400, after 1 payment you still owe £2200, minus £1k payout for written off car, plus ~£500 excess, leaves you paying £1700 for no insurance and no car.

Is it any wonder there are so many uninsured drivers? :mad:

This is wrong. The £1000 PAV plus £500 excess dont stack up. If you get paid out for a total loss you normally get paid back the PAV, minus the excess. (You can then claim back the excess from the third party insurer if you're not liable for the accident).

So in the situation you have described you would be left to pay £1200

Associate
they would look at a cash in lieu if the claim is not viable (if claiming for your own damage in a fault claim) if its not fault its going to be claimed back from the third parties insurance, however in the result of a total loss, your policy is normally stopped and the remaining premium payable as that is the cost for the insurance company to cover your car for any accident in that insurance term

Associate
So now you are adding to the insurance premium problem by claiming for soft tissue injury you probably do not have.........

Back
Top Bottom