• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anybody bought a PoV GTX465 recently?

Associate
OP
Yeah, I am going to need it lol. I have everything downloaded (including backups) and ready to go.

I was tempted by SLI myself as well but my monitor is only running 1680x1050 and tbh it would be overkill.

Quick question Jeps, did you use the bios file that came with the unlock pack (on the overclockers.net link)? It your card stable with it? (I have read a couple people having to tweak the voltages a bit to get it stable and others have found a different 470 bios is better.

Yes i used the bios from that unlock pack. Worked fine for me and i havent had any issue with stability at stock clocks/voltages. Obviously thats no garuntee that you wont run into issues though.

Most time consuming part for me was trying to find a guide that told me how to make the USB stick bootable. I had to use a HP tool to do it but i cant remember where I found the guide.

Soldato
Yes i used the bios from that unlock pack. Worked fine for me and i havent had any issue with stability at stock clocks/voltages. Obviously thats no garuntee that you wont run into issues though.

Most time consuming part for me was trying to find a guide that told me how to make the USB stick bootable. I had to use a HP tool to do it but i cant remember where I found the guide.

I found a very useful guide (unfortunately on my other pc). The way I done it was using diskpart in command prompt.

I needed a bootable USB stick anyway for other reasons so this was very helpful.

Associate
got 2 myself today and im just about to flash them but the nvidia drivers appear to be coming down really slow.....5 hours :( can anyone confirm if this is also happening?

Associate
Before:

Before%20Card%201.gif

After:

After%20Card%201.gif

1 down 1 too go :D

Associate
i suppose but least with this one its been tested you could always adjust it with Nibitor if you wanted to tweak anything.

Soldato
Very nice!

I am having to recreate my bootable USB stick pen.

Following a guide to creating a Vista Boot drive is fine but all it does is boot into the Vista setup splash screen (no DOS), not particularly helpful when trying to boot into DOS.

Retrying now but its taking forever to format my 8GB stick pen.

Interestingly I ran a couple of benchmarks (Mafia II and Just Cause 2) with the GTX465 stock and mildly overclocked. With the latest drivers it is not far from a GTX460 at stock (1-2fps), even more interestingly with a mild overclock of 675/1350/3206 it is again only 1-2fps behind a GTX460 1GB clocked at 800/1600/4000.

I can only assume at the same clocks as the 460 it would be faster thanks to a greater shader count.

Associate
im all up and running in sli but got a slight lack of knowledge on sli and multi monitors, i have 3 monitors all identical 1920*1080 and i want to run extended desktop in sli.....how do i do it :s

Soldato
im all up and running in sli but got a slight lack of knowledge on sli and multi monitors, i have 3 monitors all identical 1920*1080 and i want to run extended desktop in sli.....how do i do it :s

Google Nvidia Surround setup guide. That should help you :)

Quick update, card has been flashed (heart in the mouth moment when I doubted whether I had put the correct files on the USB stick pen after erasing the current BIOS :eek:), posted into Windows. Just installing the display drivers as I type this.

subbytna said:
...but when you unlock it to a 470 you'll notice the difference

Indeed, just installing the drivers now. I can't wait to have a play.

I am genuinely impressed by the GTX465 stock performance as the reviews were pretty harsh. I assume this was mainly due to its ridiculous original asking price of ~£250.

Associate
im crashing in furmark and vantage at moment within seconds of starting so not all good yet :(

I had a 5870 six edition before this and uninstalled using control panel>uninstall......anyone got any ideas?

Associate
congratz mate any chance you can try doing a few benchies, mines hanging while becnhing vantage, furmark or trying to play MW2, i used driver sweeper and cleared all the remains of ATI but no joy :(

Back
Top Bottom