Anyone have an office chair recomendation (sub £500)

Associate
I picked up a Herman Miller Mirra for £100 recently. Bargains are out there!
That's tremendous value and it will be miles better than any new £100 office chair on the market. I bought a Steelcase Leap v1 for £80 back in 2008, and since then only look for bargain refurb/used chairs from reputable manufacturers. I'm thinking of going Herman Miller Aeron in the future...

Associate
That's tremendous value and it will be miles better than any new £100 office chair on the market. I bought a Steelcase Leap v1 for £80 back in 2008, and since then only look for bargain refurb/used chairs from reputable manufacturers. I'm thinking of going Herman Miller Aeron in the future...
It was probably the best purchase I made this year. My back has been much happier since changing from the “gaming chair” market.
I’d love to buy a Mirra 2 actually but after finding such a great deal, I now find myself in full blown chair bargain hunt. I’ll not buy until I find that golden unicorn again!

Man of Honour
I’m in the market for similar, but don’t know where to begin! It can’t stick out too much from my desk when tucked in or it’ll obscure the view of my main tv.

Man of Honour
I got an Amazon Umi office chair and have been really happy with it. My lower back is definitely better than it was before I had this chair.
This isn't the exact chair but its as close to the one I bought that I can see - the mesh bottom is awesome in the summer! https://www.amazon.co.uk/SIHOO-Ergonomic-Adjustable-Armrests-Skin-Friendly/dp/B085GDG45B/ref=sr_1_16?crid=25WYARNW0ZSJG&keywords=umi+office+chair&qid=1679326196&sprefix=umi+office+chair,aps,59&sr=8-16&th=1

I like the look of that.

I have a Markus had it for nearly 6 years now no issues with it, the mesh back is wonderful in the summer.

That looks good too!

Last edited:
Associate
I've managed to get 2 second hand Herman Miller Aerons for £250/£350 each from local officer clearance companies. Not the most imaginative recommendation but they are by far the best chairs I've had.

Associate
I got an Amazon Umi office chair and have been really happy with it. My lower back is definitely better than it was before I had this chair.
This isn't the exact chair but its as close to the one I bought that I can see - the mesh bottom is awesome in the summer! https://www.amazon.co.uk/SIHOO-Ergonomic-Adjustable-Armrests-Skin-Friendly/dp/B085GDG45B/ref=sr_1_16?crid=25WYARNW0ZSJG&keywords=umi+office+chair&qid=1679326196&sprefix=umi+office+chair,aps,59&sr=8-16&th=1

Are you still happy with this? Looks like a great chair for the money. Thanks

Associate
Of all the non-Herman Miller/Steelcase/Humanscale chairs the Flexispot BS8 looks to be one of the best options. It's Which? Best Buy rated (last checked Dec. 2023). Review notes:

"This is a very comfortable office chair that our ergonomy experts didn’t hesitate to recommend for home use. It’s easy to assemble and the build quality is good too, which is why it gets a high enough score in our tests to become a Best Buy."
  • Very comfortable
  • Good adjustability
  • No safety issues
  • Good build quality
  • Easy to assemble

Man of Honour

Oh my goodness its comfortable, wow!

Man of Honour
It's one of those purchases where you are questioning why you didnt do it a long time before! I did go back and get some rollerblade wheels for it afterwards as I have hard floors and thats a great little upgrade.

Absolutely. My old chair was pretty comfortable, but this is like a throne :D

The arm rests are the biggest plus for me. I didn't expect the mesh to feel so comfortable. The body of the chair is decently narrow too, which is key so that it doesn't block my other screen when tucked in under my desk.

I've just bought a footrest too - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07C8836PN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Thanks for the heads up on this chair :)

Soldato
Absolutely. My old chair was pretty comfortable, but this is like a throne :D

The arm rests are the biggest plus for me. I didn't expect the mesh to feel so comfortable. The body of the chair is decently narrow too, which is key so that it doesn't block my other screen when tucked in under my desk.

I've just bought a footrest too - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07C8836PN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Thanks for the heads up on this chair :)
I rock a very similar one to this footrest! Glad you're happy with the purchase.

Caporegime
In my experience, it's the armrests that are consistently lacking on many chairs.
I don't find them all that comfortable.

Out of the ones mentioned, the MZLEE looks like it might about the best in that regard.

Back
Top Bottom