Anyone using Wegovy?

Associate
So....

Everyone eating a vastly calorie deficit diet and losing weight is having their hunger supressed by the jabs and using some willpower to just not "snack" on garbage. "a bit of self control"

is this the basic moral of the story? The injection basically repels you from food by nausea. Is this a surprise?
It does not repel you from food by nausea.
It suppresses cravings and hunger, slows down exit of food from stomach, etc. I have no nausea whatsoever, just much lower levels of hunger. If it works, don't knock it. Not everyone is a zen master of willpower and self-control.

Caporegime
So....

Everyone eating a vastly calorie deficit diet and losing weight is having their hunger supressed by the jabs and using some willpower to just not "snack" on garbage. "a bit of self control"

is this the basic moral of the story? The injection basically repels you from food by nausea. Is this a surprise?

No jabs here. Starting at 91.5kg on 21st Feb, 86kg on 29th.

A0i7C3g.png

1 month after that.

MSjaBAkl.jpg

I have now adjusted to the lower level of food, I have dinner at 5pm don't eat after and I am up until like midnight, at most I will have a few nuts of dried mangoes.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have lapses.

I have found if I eat large amounts of Sugar or fat/fried food I am very unwell since being on this medication.

Cadburys mini eggs for example i am a sucker for.

I was working in San Francisco for a week last month. Had to spend time with people which inevitably meant eating meals out having breakfast with colleagues in the hotel.

The filthy American food made me very poorly. I dont get any nausea. If i eat poorly I get consequences.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
There was a documentary on TV the other night about the 'Skinny' jab and how people with non medical problems have ruined it for us with proper medical conditions.
Absolutely amazed how much some people are paying for it and where some get it from.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've managed to lose 11lbs in the last 4 weeks by not being silly, eating till I'm full, and continuing with exercise. I've still had to count calories to make sure I'm eating sensible portions though.

I haven't shied away from eating carbs (I <3 carbs), but am measuring out 60g of porridge and 200ml milk for breakfast so that I don't creep into making myself a huge amount, and keeping track of lunch / dinner portions. I've been about 200 cals in deficit each day, but I've had a few instances of raiding the buffet table at family get-togethers, but I'm still averaging a deficit throughout the week, so still seeing progress.

I've definitely noticed that I'm enjoying my food more, and actually tasting it more. I think it's partly because I'm eating when actually hungry, but also because I'm making that portion last longer to really savour it.

The process has actually made me enjoy eating more than when I was eating as much as I liked, so that's been quite a refreshing experience.

Associate
I've just kicked off today, will see how things go.

I'm under medical advice to heavily restrict my exercise, and have really struggled to maintain my weight since that happened, so hopefully this will help get things moving and get me back to a starting point that I can manage in the long-term.

How are you doing @Diagro?

Soldato
OP
I've just kicked off today, will see how things go.

I'm under medical advice to heavily restrict my exercise, and have really struggled to maintain my weight since that happened, so hopefully this will help get things moving and get me back to a starting point that I can manage in the long-term.

How are you doing @Diagro?
I had to stop.
Was hospitalised with suspected panciatitis. I lost 7kg in weight over 8 days due to the illness. Had to have 2.5L IV as I was so dehydrated that my BP dipped to approx 80/50 at one point. I had no idea where I was and what was going on.
I've regained half of that weight though.

They told me never to use it again. So I've not.

Associate
I had to stop.
Was hospitalised with suspected panciatitis. I lost 7kg in weight over 8 days due to the illness. Had to have 2.5L IV as I was so dehydrated that my BP dipped to approx 80/50 at one point. I had no idea where I was and what was going on.
I've regained half of that weight though.

They told me never to use it again. So I've not.
Yikes, that's rough. Glad you caught it in time.

Soldato
It does not repel you from food by nausea.
It suppresses cravings and hunger, slows down exit of food from stomach, etc. I have no nausea whatsoever, just much lower levels of hunger. If it works, don't knock it. Not everyone is a zen master of willpower and self-control.
I get exactly the same effect by just not eating carbs though, and my nutrition is infinitely better (as most carbs are very poor nutritionally anyway), all of my health complaints have resolved at the same time and I have zero deficiencies where as previously I was borderline too low or too high on a few things.

As people were asking about low carb athletes, there is also this;

Last edited:
Associate
I get exactly the same effect by just not eating carbs though, and my nutrition is infinitely better (as most carbs are very poor nutritionally anyway), all of my health complaints have resolved at the same time and I have zero deficiencies where as previously I was borderline too low or too high on a few things.

As people were asking about low carb athletes, there is also this;
I agree - I had exactly the same in my 20s. However, now in my late 40s, I get the same "effect" but the weight was just not shifting. For months.

Soldato
I agree - I had exactly the same in my 20s. However, now in my late 40s, I get the same "effect" but the weight was just not shifting. For months.
Did you try any form of fasting with it?
I went from 120kg to 72kg just with low carb, where as now I'm concentrating on building muscle so actually gaining weight so I eat 2500-3000 calories per day (200g of protein), and then when I want to concentrate on losing a bit of the remaining fat I was doing a 48 hour fast, but have recently started doing a protein sparing modified fast.
I'm also late 40's.

Edit; I got down to 85kg on low carb, I had to go basically zero carb to get to 72kg.

Last edited:
Associate
Did you try any form of fasting with it?
I went from 120kg to 72kg just with low carb, where as now I'm concentrating on building muscle so actually gaining weight so I eat 2500-3000 calories per day (200g of protein), and then when I want to concentrate on losing a bit of the remaining fat I was doing a 48 hour fast, but have recently started doing a protein sparing modified fast.
I'm also late 40's.
Yes, I was IF from about 7pm till midday as well. And increasing my exercise/fitness.

Soldato
Yes, I was IF from about 7pm till midday as well. And increasing my exercise/fitness.
I don't find IF makes any difference below a certain point, i have to either do no food at all for 48 hours or less than 1000 cals for 2-3 days. My BMI is 22.

Feasting and fasting works for weight loss now, aiming to be low calorie for extended periods was causing other symptoms of under eating. But that's what low carb has given me, hunger is this background thing I can completely ignore, rather than a thing that controls my mood.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom