Aorus Owner's Lounge

Associate
more problems :(

Hi there,

I thought i would persevere with the below problem which i have managed to do however i have now another problem with the screen... the actual screen has started to come away form the frame of the laptop... already :S. As stated previously i'm pretty sure something that is of this value shouldn't be doing this after such a short period of time. It will probably now be an ordeal to send this unit back again for it to be repaired when i am ultimately not happy with the laptop and this being my second unit i am getting slightly annoyed :(.

Also a mention is the restart / boot up , It sometimes just doesn't boot up atall just stuck on a black screen :S i then have to hard reset it and sometimes it takes 2-3 times for the laptop to boot up and load windows. Gets a bit frustrating.

Thanks,

Liam

Hi Liam,

The IPS panels used can give some degree of Backlight Glow, which varies from panel to panel. If you feel something is not right, please contant the service centre and we can get it checked and repaired if there is a fault.

Email: [email protected]

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Last edited:
Associate
Hi folks I'm new here, can't wait to get the latest x13 in the new year :)

Atom80 the work you put in here is great so seriously kudos on that. It's plenty enough to convince me I'm making the right decision even with the documented problems over the last couple months. Thanks to all the first round buyers for quickly identifying the issues too ;)

Aorus really seems like a wicked company :D

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi folks I'm new here, can't wait to get the latest x13 in the new year :)

Atom80 the work you put in here is great so seriously kudos on that. It's plenty enough to convince me I'm making the right decision even with the documented problems over the last couple months. Thanks to all the first round buyers for quickly identifying the issues too ;)

Aorus really seems like a wicked company :D

Hi WingnutWilson,

Thanks for the feedbacck. Yes we have had a couple of "challenges" with what ultimately was only 3 laptops from one range, but the situation was far from ideal. We have worked hard to make the situation "right" for these customers, and dont expect a repeat of the issues.

Thanks for taking a balanced view of the entire situation.

Regards,

Team AORUS

Associate
Atom, how soon after the CES announcement this week before new hardware hits OCUK?
I am looking for a new 15in gaming rig to take away for February and need to know if the X5 v2 will be out this month or later?

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Atom, how soon after the CES announcement this week before new hardware hits OCUK?
I am looking for a new 15in gaming rig to take away for February and need to know if the X5 v2 will be out this month or later?

Hi SimonD,

We are catching up with HQ and should get schedule from factory sometime this week.

AORUS X5 with Skylake was our planned first arrival after CES, once we have more details we will post for you.

Thanks for your interest.

Regards,

Team AORUS

Associate
Hi SimonD,

We are catching up with HQ and should get schedule from factory sometime this week.

AORUS X5 with Skylake was our planned first arrival after CES, once we have more details we will post for you.

Thanks for your interest.

Regards,

Team AORUS

Many thanks, I ideally need to get the machine before the 23rd of Jan as that would give me a week to prepare it before I am away for 1 month.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Many thanks, I ideally need to get the machine before the 23rd of Jan as that would give me a week to prepare it before I am away for 1 month.

Hi Simon,

From looking at the information from factory, there wont be X5 with Skylake before February.

We do still have some stock of the 5th Gen CPU version @ OcUK and these are available to ship now.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/aoru...5m-sli-8gb-gddr5-gaming-laptop-lt-012-au.html

A great deal at the moment, discounted by £100, ends on Wednesday.

Hope that helps.

Sorry the news isnt exaclty what you wanted to hear.

Regards,

Atom80

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
If you purchase one of these second hand via members market etc, is the warranty transferable/valid?

Hi hughsey627,

Warranty is for the machine, not the person as such, so yes its transferable - would need to be update on our system via registration process. The full 2year warranty obviously starts from when original purchaser buys the unit - so you would want to know how long they have had it (proof of purchase advised) so you can see how much warranty remains.

Hope that answers clearly

Regards,

Team AORUS

PS - sorry for delayed response.

Associate
Hi Atom,

Wondering if you (or any other X3 v5 owners) can help. Still loving that laptop - doing everything I want it to do, but it has developed a problem.

Whenever I turn it off - it turns itself back on again (not all the time, maybe 95% of the time), which initially thought was me being stupid, but it's definitley the laptop.

It's quite frustrating as it overheats when I'm travelling which isn't ideal and has no battery left when I need it.

Things I've tried are:

1. I thought it maybe a Windows 10 thing, but I've disabled every setting I can find in Google and MS to disable automatic maintenance, updates etc. Given the amount of settings I've changed, I don't think it's a Windows 10 issue (but could be wrong)

2. I've unplugged and re-plugged in the battery. No difference unfortunatley

3. Removed the screw near the power button (in case it was somehow causing a sensor/button issue), but hasn't seemed to do anything.

4. Removed any USB peripherials (eg, USB mouse receiver etc) in case they were waking the device up

5. Gone through the powercfg cmd in Windows to see if anything is allowed to wake the device up. Nothing is, and no devices show when looking at showlastwake.

6. Downloaded and applied the latest BIOS update.

So I'm a bit stumped on this one. I don't want to have to send the laptop back in as I use it quite a lot, so if there is anything you want me to look at inside please let me know.

Cheers

Associate
Define 'off'
- powered off?
- standby?
- hibernate?

Also scheduled jobs can cause a wake from sleep.
I use mine lots and it doesn't do this but I do have other Windows 10 devices that do.

Associate
Cheers for the response,

Define 'off'
- powered off?
- standby?
- hibernate?

I've disabled sleep and hibernate. I've tried power off using button, standard Start -> Power off. Alt-crtl-del -> power off. Basically every way I can think of to turn it off

Define 'off'
Also scheduled jobs can cause a wake from sleep.
No scheduled jobs and it restarts 95% of the time I turn it off (no matter which way I do it), at all times of the day.

Associate
How long does it take when it turns back on? Totally random amounts of time? Or is it periodic (like 95% of the time within 10 mins it will do it)? Also I wonder if the OS itself is just putting it to sleep rather than turning it off - do you have any wireless peripherals for machine?

Sounds like a hardware issue for sure. Pretty weird though.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi Atom,

Wondering if you (or any other X3 v5 owners) can help. Still loving that laptop - doing everything I want it to do, but it has developed a problem.

Whenever I turn it off - it turns itself back on again (not all the time, maybe 95% of the time), which initially thought was me being stupid, but it's definitley the laptop.

It's quite frustrating as it overheats when I'm travelling which isn't ideal and has no battery left when I need it.

Things I've tried are:

1. I thought it maybe a Windows 10 thing, but I've disabled every setting I can find in Google and MS to disable automatic maintenance, updates etc. Given the amount of settings I've changed, I don't think it's a Windows 10 issue (but could be wrong)

2. I've unplugged and re-plugged in the battery. No difference unfortunatley

3. Removed the screw near the power button (in case it was somehow causing a sensor/button issue), but hasn't seemed to do anything.

4. Removed any USB peripherials (eg, USB mouse receiver etc) in case they were waking the device up

5. Gone through the powercfg cmd in Windows to see if anything is allowed to wake the device up. Nothing is, and no devices show when looking at showlastwake.

6. Downloaded and applied the latest BIOS update.

So I'm a bit stumped on this one. I don't want to have to send the laptop back in as I use it quite a lot, so if there is anything you want me to look at inside please let me know.

Cheers

hi Hawk862,

Sorry to read of your problem. Apart from sedning back to reapair centre, we cant offer any other advice unfortuantely. Our colleagues from HQ are all on shutdown for Chinese New Year, so we wont get response from them until next Monday. We will forward the thread anyway, but in the meantime we would suggest that the advise will probably be to get RMA sorted with MENDIT and get the unit back to us.

[email protected]

0844 244 9999

Sorry we can offer more immediate solutioin, not heard of this problem before.

Regards,

Atom80

Back
Top Bottom