Arcade High Scores! New Game Every Two Weeks

Soldato
OP
@Spacedeck, how about if there was a list of recommended games that the thread creates, like you're suggesting, but the winner can choose a game from that if they like, otherwise, it just got to RNG?

I like the idea of playing to "win" something, but also don't know enough about retro games to make a real recommendation.

Well if someone picks a game from the list, if they have put games down themselves, we could end up playing one person's games should they win every week. Plus it also means relying on said person to pick the next game. I mean this could work and be updated in a timely manner if the person who wins can suggest the game on the Sunday or by dinnertime on Monday, otherwise I go to RNG to have a game available. If we go this route, I don't want to change the current format unless majority agree.

My idea would be we don't need to pick new games every single time if we didn't want to. Any game that is picked by RNG, them entries will be removed the list of games. Everyone also has the option of a) changing up some / all their current selection, or leaving them as they are, and b) replace the game removed should it have been picked to still have 3 choices.

I can list up the 3 choices everyone has made in the OP, so it's easily viewable and then people can decide if they want to change some or keep all the same when it's time. *now added to OP

If I can find the correct way to display it, I'll see about also adding an overall leaderboard with who's finished top the most.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Looks like that will be it for this week! Well done @cheesyboy, that's some score nobody could get near :p.

After a spin, we have a winner! OP updated with new game.

HFmhEkHm.jpg

@JoeBoi MERCS selection removed from choices, so you have a slot open for another game!

As a reminder, the current game selections will remain in place, however you may choose to change them up if you wish at anytime!

Soldato
OP
Really dislike them tanks on L2! Only got to the boss once and got destroyed. First boss is pretty easy without using explosives. I'm currently sat at 83400. Deffo don't forget to pick up the medkit after blowing up all them tanks! I find myself low on health at this point.

LDfittBh.png

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Metal Slug: I'm not clever enough to know if I'm playing the MVS or AES version.. are they the same? It defaults to level 4 difficulty: is that the right setting?

I don't know the difference between MVS / AES. I don't think that matters much, as it should still be same gameplay wise? My game defaults to LVL-4 as shown at bottom of my screenshot in spoiler. I also read this https://metalslug.fandom.com/wiki/Arcade_Settings which has a picture of what I guess are default settings. For some reason there isn't actually a setting on mine to increase or decrease the difficulty, maybe that's an arcade thing.

NMKtjhLl.jpg

Soldato
OP
Posting a High Score of 91020 here. I ended up playing via the Neo Geo core on the MiSTer in the end. I tried Metal Slug on PS1 and it was the X version, which seemed different?

According to wiki, the original released on the Playstation in 1997. X is a remake of Metal Slug 2, and seems much more common on Playstation than the first game. Makes me wonder if the original was only release on Playstation in Japan as it's mostly difficult to find anything on that.

Soldato
OP
I'll get on this game at some point today :p. Fairly quiet this week, probably everyone busy with Christmas just around the corner. I haven't played a game in a while, busy learning other things at the moment.

@Zatoichi.uK @Metalface Mark @mcwildcard @2Drunk2Funk @lakitu @Littlenose

Reminder that you have a couple of days to submit a score if you wish to play this week.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Wow, some of your scores are amazing! I haven't spent much time on this game, I do much prefer the alternate version in Puzzle Bobble. I did have a go a few days ago and struggled getting past level 3 or 4.

I think today I'll take a longer break from learning and spend some more time on this.

Back
Top Bottom