• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Are new full fat Hawaii XT cards on the way ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I'm pretty sure Nvidia aren't the only ones "milking" in this industry, I hate that term anyway. It's just business, if a company can produce several products for a relatively low cost from the "same line" that lots of people will buy then of course they will profit from it and continue to do so. And who can blame them really? They aren't charities...

All their PR shouts about pushing tech forward, innovation blah blah blah.

Soldato
So this will be amd's take on the 780ti/titan black? More of 'this is what you could have had'. I wonder how much of that 5-10% comes from being full fat and how much comes from a core clock increase

Oh well, it may cause some price drops right down the line

bru

bru

Soldato
Yea yes...because the 7900 series has only 384-bit memory bus and stingy 3GB of vram are being sold at flagship price and the GPUs are small and cheap to make :p

There you go fixed that for you :D

And before anyone starts to argue that this isn't the case, this was a humorous comment nothing to be taken too seriously.

Soldato
It will be interesting to see what AMD have in store. I wonder if they will CF with current R9 290/X cards.

I would expect so, amd cards tend to crossfire based on architecture rather then model number, so should pair up no problem with current 290, 290x & 295x

Caporegime
Well it won't take much for a 290XT to be faster than a 780TI,Titan black, so will be interesting to see where this goes. Spare a thought for Broomstick though, he just bought a titan black which will no doubt be on the MM soon. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom