AS SSD Benchmark benchmarks!

Associate
Another Intel 80GB

asssdbenchintelssdsa2m0.png

Soldato
Looking at this thread I notice most of the Intel 80GB drives are performing as fast as my 160GB Intel drive is when connected to a modern mobo (MSI P55-GD65). ASSSD reports 405 for the 160GB drive, so the 160GB drive appears no faster than the 80GB ones (according to your results). I also have an 80GB intel in an XPS1330 laptop(not a modern laptop now) which results in 356 ASSSD result. This shows there is a difference between the 80 and 160GB drives but I think this difference in my case is the difference between an old Dell XPS 1330 MOBO and a new MSI P55 mobo.

Associate
Hi all,

I just installed a WD SiliconEdge Blue 64GB SSD into my system, used Acronis to clone the old drive over to it and all went well. When I put the SSD in and set it up in Win 7 disc manager I just let it partition it with the default options and alignment etc.

Now, when I ran the SSD benchmark tool I get the following results:

27861040.jpg

What worries me is the 4k & 64 results look really bad compared to others and in the info panel in the top left it has that red writing "31 K BAD"?

Should I start again with the cloning process and prepare the drive this time with a specific alignment numbers?

How do I tell if TRIM is working etc?

Many thanks,
Matt.

Associate
im in the exact same boat. Have an f3 1 gig and will prob grab one of these soon. They can be had on special for £111 inc a drive bay adapter.

Speed wise, write isnt gread, read is awesome. For OS, some games etc which you only ever load (read), its cracking!

Soldato
Hi all,

I just installed a WD SiliconEdge Blue 64GB SSD into my system, used Acronis to clone the old drive over to it and all went well. When I put the SSD in and set it up in Win 7 disc manager I just let it partition it with the default options and alignment etc.

Now, when I ran the SSD benchmark tool I get the following results:

27861040.jpg

What worries me is the 4k & 64 results look really bad compared to others and in the info panel in the top left it has that red writing "31 K BAD"?

Should I start again with the cloning process and prepare the drive this time with a specific alignment numbers?

How do I tell if TRIM is working etc?

Many thanks,
Matt.
Unfortunately Acronis messes up the partition alignment, which makes it work harder than it needs to. This is how you fix it If your comp doesn't boot into windows afterwards, the repair util on the windows disk should sort you out. You probably won't feel the difference in real world use once it is aligned though, so don't worry about it too much if you decide you can't be bothered. The read speeds for your drive are normal and write speeds aren't that far off an aligned Siliconedge drive ... they'll never be up with the likes of a c300 or Sandforce drive, but past a point it makes little noticeable difference.

Last edited:
Associate
Unfortunately Acronis messes up the partition alignment, which makes it work harder than it needs to. .

I purchased the new Acronis True Image Home version a month ago, and it absolutely *does* retain alignment from my aligned X25's, to aligned WD HDD's, and then restored back to X25's... FYI.

Associate
SSD Bench
Drives: 2x 60GB OCZ Vertex 2E
Controller: ICH9R / SATA II
Array: RAID0 / Stripe 128KB / Alignment 1024KB
raid0ssdredone.png

raid0ssdcopy.png

Boot Time:
ssdboottime.png

-
HDD Bench
Drives: 4x 1TB SpinPoint F1
Drives: 4x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.12
Controller: 3Ware 9690SA / 512MB
Array: RAID5 / Stripe 256KB
ssdraid5.png

ssdraid5copy.png

Soldato
Has anyone tried RAID mode = RAID (even when not using RAID configured disks) vs AHCI?
Without doing a reinstall between changes my system reports a score of 405-410 with RAID mode set to RAID (with no disks raided) and only 390 when RAID mode set to AHCI. These scores are quite consistent across multiple test runs.

Soldato

why is my writes so slow ?

its a samsung 64gb ssd[/QUOTE]

I had to remove my 64Gb Sammy as its write performance had become appalling. It was a shame, because I loved it to start with. Your read scores are a bit duff though...

Mine can't be firmware flashed either, at least not with any mobo I've used. No more Samsung SSD's for me.

Anyhoo, this is my new toy. I think I prefer my CrystalDisk scores to be honest. ;) Nevertheless it goes like stink and Windows seems much snappier than it did with my Vertex LE. Bargain price too...
[URL=http://img697.imageshack.us/i/asssdbenchc300ctfddac06.png/][IMG]http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/8181/asssdbenchc300ctfddac06.png[/URL]

Associate
Mine C300s up and running (MSACHI)
-----------Read-------Write
Seq--------267--------72.9
4K---------27.7--------52.06
4k-64 -----179.4-------64.66
Acc T ------0.133------0.672
Score ------234--------124
Overall------------479

Last edited:
Associate
Crucial C300 128 GB

Just got my hands on a Crucial C300 128GB and i'm really impressed with the performance. Here's the bench result as a spare drive on an Asus Rampage II extreme using standard Sata 2 3Gbps.

6ztvn4.jpg
15d9kkn.jpg

16ht10j.jpg

Just glad I went for the 128 rather than 2x64GB.:D

Back
Top Bottom