Asgard Wrath TWO

Associate
Some of the puzzles/challenges to get through the temples have been really fun for me, combining the different movements and skills well. Difficult, but not feeling locked out due to skill levels.

Similar experience, sometimes they are quite easy but other times I have to think and search around a bit. I had to call upon YouTube a couple of times though, mainly because I wasn't being observant enough.

Associate
New stuff seems to come at you at a really fast pace in this game. and it's confusing as hell for me. I even find that the pop up story progression stuff disappears before i've read it all.

I'm really confused by the D.M. character and what that whole path does.

Is it an entirely different area for "high score" playing, I note that when you are killed you go back to SP level of 1. So I guess any advancements on that characters level etc do not carried into the other world.

When you get killed you are offered to keep one of two versions of your "soul" character, I don't know what the choice is, or what impact it has.

When you are back in front of the D.M. character, I see random other characters popping in there with various avatar names offering to high-five etc. Are these actual real-time players, or just representations of the high score holders etc ?

Can I just totally ignore the D.M. area without it slowing down my character progression in the main quest area ?

Last edited:
Soldato
New stuff seems to come at you at a really fast pace in this game. and it's confusing as hell for me. I even find that the pop up story progression stuff disappears before i've read it all.

I'm really confused by the D.M. character and what that whole path does.

Is it an entirely different area for "high score" playing, and any advancements on that characters level etc do not carried into the other world.

When you get killed you are offered to keep one of two versions of your "soul" character, I don't know what the choice is, or what impact it has.

When you are back in front of the D.M. character, I see random other characters popping in there with various avatar names offering to high-five etc. Are these actual real-time players, or just representations of the high score holders etc ?

Can I just totally ignore the D.M. area without it slowing down my character progression in the main quest area ?

So that's just a roguelite part of the game, you can just run it as many times as you wish, with the ability to send some stuff back to your "real" game, so it can help with grinding crafting stuff and gold.

The choice has little impact, just whether you leave a ghost of your character who fights other people on their rift runs, or a ghost that they can hire to help them on their runs.

You can leave ghost versions of yourself in the main game, the idea is to help players locate secrets etc, however, I just turned them off as it was getting annoying. I suspect that after the first saga, it's probably used more as it should be, so I may try turning them on again.

You can just not do it at all from what I can tell. It can be fun to do for a bit of guaranteed combat challenge, if you fancy a quick run. Or if you want to grind some money for your "real" character.

Associate
I'm stuck on that water creature thing that spits huge amounts of water at you. I've bashed away with my shield etc, but it keeps killing me before I can defeat it. Grrrrr

Soldato
I'm stuck on that water creature thing that spits huge amounts of water at you. I've bashed away with my shield etc, but it keeps killing me before I can defeat it. Grrrrr

Yeah, It's the one thing I hate about this game so far. It's the boss battles. You have to kill the bosses the way the game wants you to kill them. It makes all the boss battles so tedious. You have to use your sword when the grappling points show up if you don't, you don't do any damage, even if his weak point is exposed. And when he fires water balls at you, deflect them back to him with the shield. And then attack him. Also when he is low in health a grappling point will appear on his tail before. You have to grapple that when it appears to kill him.

I hate these scripted fights with a passion. It's the reason I hated combat in the first game.

Associate
I did some of the storyline apparently out of order, explains why I was coming across areas that I could not access or cross. I'm still really enjoying it, although my combat is obviously ****-poor as it took me about 50 goes to chop off the arms of the one boss, didn't help that it took me ages to figure out that once he goes full on beserk he keeps knocking your sword out of your hand. The only good thing about it is that when you die you retain the XP from the previous failed attempts....all the attempts at beating that one boss moved me from LV14 to L16 !.

Many of the caves etc I enter have baddies in them that just seem far too strong for me, and I guess coming back later doesn't help much because they will get stronger as I do.

And its just in the last couple of days, after a good 25+ hrs play that I am getting the significance of the earth/fire/water image that appears below your inventory page, it is telling you which elemental stone you need fitted to your weapons to do most damage to enemies that are doing elemental attacks. Water stone to fight fire is obvious, but the rest not so much. For example I assumed somebody doing water damage was best attack with fire damage. I hadn't noticed the ">" signs between them.

Last edited:
Soldato
I did some of the storyline apparently out of order, explains why I was coming across areas that I could not access or cross. I'm still really enjoying it, although my combat is obviously ****-poor as it took me about 50 goes to chop off the arms of the one boss, didn't help that it took me ages to figure out that once he goes full on beserk he keeps knocking your sword out of your hand. The only good thing about it is that when you die you retain the XP from the previous failed attempts....all the attempts at beating that one boss moved me from LV14 to L16 !.

Many of the caves etc I enter have baddies in them that just seem far too strong for me, and I guess coming back later doesn't help much because they will get stronger as I do.

And its just in the last couple of days, after a good 25+ hrs play that I am getting the significance of the earth/fire/water image that appears below your inventory page, it is telling you which elemental stone you need fitted to your weapons to do most damage to enemies that are doing elemental attacks. Water stone to fight fire is obvious, but the rest not so much. For example I assumed somebody doing water damage was best attack with fire damage. I hadn't noticed the ">" signs between them.
Coming back later does help. Lots of the little side caves you can squeeze into are made to come back for.

I agree with the boss battles, I don't enjoy the scripted ones as much, but the scorpion cave was really frustrating since all the stuff on the floor kept triggering the whip grab instead of the targets on the boss!

Associate
Yeah, It's the one thing I hate about this game so far. It's the boss battles. You have to kill the bosses the way the game wants you to kill them. It makes all the boss battles so tedious. You have to use your sword when the grappling points show up if you don't, you don't do any damage, even if his weak point is exposed. And when he fires water balls at you, deflect them back to him with the shield. And then attack him. Also when he is low in health a grappling point will appear on his tail before. You have to grapple that when it appears to kill him.

I hate these scripted fights with a passion. It's the reason I hated combat in the first game.

Aw man, the whip sword again? I had to do that with that an earlier boss and forgot all about it.

Soldato
Aw man, the whip sword again? I had to do that with that an earlier boss and forgot all about it.

Yeah, sorry to say, the whip sword again.

It makes you wonder why they bothered with skill points. For the general mobs, you can kill the ones 5-10 levels above you without much difficulty and for boss fights you need to do what the game tells you to do.

Associate
hmmm, so now I've lost my original char and turned into some whimpy female char that uses of all things a harp type device, strumming it to move a helper character, and strumming it with trigger pulled as a type of weapon, and now a serpent creature on my other arm that acts the same as the old whip/sword....and I dropped down to level 15.

Not liking the sudden change of feel at all.

Last edited:
Associate
Is there somewhere on the quest that you can see how long you've played a game for ?, I'm guessing I'm at 100hrs+ now, and I'm currently in someones stomach, I'm off on holidays for 10 days so it'll be having a break.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom