Asgard Wrath TWO

Soldato
So they've not completely removed FFR, but it's far far less noticeable in many situations. Certainly not as jarringly obvious when something hits the line.

The movement is getting more and more satisfying, with slides, wall running, whip pulls etc. The "random" combat in the open desert is generally quite nice, since it's rarely a locked in encounter, so you can just ride straight on by if you don't fancy it.

Soldato
Would be nice if it supported eye-tracked foveated rendering on Quest Pro, as in Red Matter 2 that allowed a significant resolution bump.

Funnily enough it actually claims it needs eye-tracking permission in the store info, but never asks for it and doesn't appear to support it.

Associate
I've been enjoying Asgard's Wrath 2 but there are a few places where I can't find the solutions including how to get that giant bridge to work and also in that nearby cave to get across where there's a green symbol on the underneath of a small bridge above.

I also can't get my sword to do that power up thing when holding it up and it won't do that whip, which apparently it should. Argh!

Soldato
I've been enjoying Asgard's Wrath 2 but there are a few places where I can't find the solutions including how to get that giant bridge to work and also in that nearby cave to get across where there's a green symbol on the underneath of a small bridge above.

I also can't get my sword to do that power up thing when holding it up and it won't do that whip, which apparently it should. Argh!

Which giant bridge? There's one early that you need to throw your axe, then pull index trigger to redirect and hit a target that can't be hit directly?

Power up thing, you need to charge the wrath up first (the counter on the right of the little hud), then make sure it's pointing straight up, it can be fiddly.

The whip is unlocked after you unlock the smith (and maybe even after you do the first mission for him). Though you can use the whip in the rifts. There's basically parts in the game you come back.

Soldato
Power up thing, you need to charge the wrath up first (the counter on the right of the little hud), then make sure it's pointing straight up, it can be fiddly.

It's so fiddly that it's actually annoying. They need a better way of doing it.

Associate
Which giant bridge? There's one early that you need to throw your axe, then pull index trigger to redirect and hit a target that can't be hit directly?

The whip is unlocked after you unlock the smith (and maybe even after you do the first mission for him). Though you can use the whip in the rifts. There's basically parts in the game you come back.

It's the massive bridge near that one where you throw the axe and then redirect it to the right. There's a big water wheel on the right hand side of it; when you first approach it the narrator says it's too far to jump.

Thanks re. power up thing. I didn't know about having to charge up the wrath, how do you charge it?

Thanks re. whip. Seems odd to show it in the tutorial thingy before you can actually use it.

Soldato
It's the massive bridge near that one where you throw the axe and then redirect it to the right. There's a big water wheel on the right hand side of it; when you first approach it the narrator says it's too far to jump.

Thanks re. power up thing. I didn't know about having to charge up the wrath, how do you charge it?

Thanks re. whip. Seems odd to show it in the tutorial thingy before you can actually use it.

I think there's two exits there? You need to go down the other way? Unless the quest marker is definitely pointing you there...

Wrath charges up with parries and hits, so you can just constantly throw your weapons at a distance until you've charged it up if you want.

They need to show you how to do it, so you can use it in the Rifts, which is the roguelite section, but I guess wanted to hold off on the main quest with it. Some of the traversing puzzles start to get quite good fun when you're incorporating everything together!

Associate
I think there's two exits there? You need to go down the other way? Unless the quest marker is definitely pointing you there...

Wrath charges up with parries and hits, so you can just constantly throw your weapons at a distance until you've charged it up if you want.

They need to show you how to do it, so you can use it in the Rifts, which is the roguelite section, but I guess wanted to hold off on the main quest with it. Some of the traversing puzzles start to get quite good fun when you're incorporating everything together!

There's a chest on the left hand side and it's a huge canyon that you can't cross. The bridge that is retracted looks huge, but I couldn't see any buttons etc. On the opposite side to the right is a water wheel thing, presumably being the mechanism to make the bridge extend.

The little nearby cave I was talking about had a hornets nest outside (you have to climb up two levels to get to it I think). When you go inside and kill the enemies within there are three chests on the ground level ahead. You can climb up the levels on the left side, but there's no way to get over to the ledge on the other side. When you look up there's a bridge that has some green symbol on the underside of it.

Re. wrath, I've been slaughtering loads yet holding it up to the sky never does anything? It worked fine in that opening sequence with the big bird thing. I think I'll need to look up some guides or walkthroughs.

Soldato
Re. wrath, I've been slaughtering loads yet holding it up to the sky never does anything? It worked fine in that opening sequence with the big bird thing. I think I'll need to look up some guides or walkthroughs.

Killing things doesn't charge it. You have to Parry or dodge attacks for it to charge.

Soldato
There's a chest on the left hand side and it's a huge canyon that you can't cross. The bridge that is retracted looks huge, but I couldn't see any buttons etc. On the opposite side to the right is a water wheel thing, presumably being the mechanism to make the bridge extend.

The little nearby cave I was talking about had a hornets nest outside (you have to climb up two levels to get to it I think). When you go inside and kill the enemies within there are three chests on the ground level ahead. You can climb up the levels on the left side, but there's no way to get over to the ledge on the other side. When you look up there's a bridge that has some green symbol on the underside of it.

You have to make sure the wrath is build up, once it says 1+ it's ready (it's opposite the stamina number basically). When holding arms up, it can be tough to get the angle. I've read that you can pull the trigger to make it happen too, but I've not tried that.

On being stuck, firstly I'd open up my compass and make sure that you're tracking the correct quest, and follow the waypoints. Out of interest, is it the point where you had to fight a tough boss enemy (pirate something)? If so, there is a bug there I believe that can cause it to be impassable if you kill them, but immediately quit after, the fight doesn't respawn, but the trigger to let you move on doesn't work either. Might be you need to rollback your save.

Honestly, I'd suggest watching a walkthrough on youtube, wolf in VR is doing a AW2 walkthrough. You're quite close to the beginning, see what he does.

Killing things doesn't charge it. You have to Parry or dodge attacks for it to charge.

Hitting things does make it charge too I believe. Just slowly.

Associate
You have to make sure the wrath is build up, once it says 1+ it's ready (it's opposite the stamina number basically). When holding arms up, it can be tough to get the angle. I've read that you can pull the trigger to make it happen too, but I've not tried that.

On being stuck, firstly I'd open up my compass and make sure that you're tracking the correct quest, and follow the waypoints. Out of interest, is it the point where you had to fight a tough boss enemy (pirate something)? If so, there is a bug there I believe that can cause it to be impassable if you kill them, but immediately quit after, the fight doesn't respawn, but the trigger to let you move on doesn't work either. Might be you need to rollback your save.

Honestly, I'd suggest watching a walkthrough on youtube, wolf in VR is doing a AW2 walkthrough. You're quite close to the beginning, see what he does.

Hitting things does make it charge too I believe. Just slowly.

Cheers, I'm not stuck with the story as the smaller bridge (where you have to hit the button with the axe at an angle) has been fine for me. I'm in the pirate's cove or something now. I was just wondering if that huge bridge is doable?

I'm watching a walkthrough now, Shirrako's. But I don't want to go further than I've got. I'll post a screenshot of that large canyon/bridge if I see it in the walkthrough.

thanks

Associate
Ok, here's the cave and it looks like both walkthroughs couldn't figure it out either (Shirrako and Wolf)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

And here's that bridge which also seems like Wolf didn't figure out (unless later on, I didn't look that far ahead).

4.jpg

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Tried playing this last night, had to give up after 10mins as the flying on the bird began to make me a little sick. Never played the first one so doing the premise. Spent 10 mins picking beer up and watching the cup fill up again.

Amazing.

Associate
Almost certainly things you can do with later characters or companions. On the minimap, it will often highlight area requirements with a little companion symbol.

I've got the sword whip thing now and now those little light things are no longer useless! lol

This game is huge though. Currently in the scorpion cave lair... why did I go in there.........

Soldato
I've got the sword whip thing now and now those little light things are no longer useless! lol

This game is huge though. Currently in the scorpion cave lair... why did I go in there.........

I've not played for a while, mostly not playing vr rather than not being interested in the game. The scorpion cave was fun! Though the boss fight took me ages to finally beat, I got to the final stage multiple times but couldn't finish it easily due to an issue with the game design (at least that's my excuse), all the items on the floor were interfering with what I had to do.

Associate
I've not played for a while, mostly not playing vr rather than not being interested in the game. The scorpion cave was fun! Though the boss fight took me ages to finally beat, I got to the final stage multiple times but couldn't finish it easily due to an issue with the game design (at least that's my excuse), all the items on the floor were interfering with what I had to do.

Yeah it took me a while before I realised what I was supposed to do with that boss!

I've now got birdman. This game is huge and surprisingly good looking for a standalone. So far they seem to be quite good at introducing new stuff, techniques etc along the way to keep it interesting and not overly repetitive.

Soldato
Yeah it took me a while before I realised what I was supposed to do with that boss!

I've now got birdman. This game is huge and surprisingly good looking for a standalone. So far they seem to be quite good at introducing new stuff, techniques etc along the way to keep it interesting and not overly repetitive.

Some of the puzzles/challenges to get through the temples have been really fun for me, combining the different movements and skills well. Difficult, but not feeling locked out due to skill levels.

Associate
The "sword as a whip" thing really got me too, I spent a good 30mins trying to get that to work, and decided I was missing out on a control combo, as it was mentioned immediately in the tutorial.

Back
Top Bottom