Asgard Wrath TWO

Associate
Native RE4 was excellent. I’d say best native game so far for me. No issues with how it looked or run, enjoyed it from start to finish.
Assume AW2 is as good/better ?

Soldato
to be clear I wasnt meaning to say that nobody who played AW1 will like AW2 and equally if you knew me you would know that i absolutely do NOT think great games are all about shiny visuals (shoot the bull, shuuz, super side kicks and neo turfmasters are games i still put many hrs into and fairly recently completed zelda LTTP on the snes).

That said I stand by what i said that I believe it is disappointing when sequels go backwards technically - even if the story and what not are improved...... and equally its annoying when games on the PC are objectively dialed down to keep parity with other formats (which happened with onward i think it was)

as for the PC community is too small to bother with........... possibly to make purely PCVR titles it is.......... but to release a port to PC but with higher resolution assets and improved lighting effects and increased object density?

really are pcvr users that small a group? bear in mind usually when games are made the assets going in tend to be really good and then get dialed back to the hardware for performance reasons. I dare say the developers will already have the high quality assets needed sitting on a hard disk somewhere.

hell look at the trailer for the climb 2......... a game which DIDNT come on the pc but if you look at the trailer today still saying "visuals shown on PC format of the game". So it says to me it isnt (only) a cost decision why some of these quest titles are not coming to PC, but a conscious decision not to overshadow metas own standalone platform

Soldato
Enjoying the companion being used for much faster travel around the world! I also enjoy the semi-hand holding thing. Still getting new mechanics (obviously with the companion), but in general feel like I'm going in the right direction. I'm trying not to get too distracted by sidequests/areas just yet. Going to keep pushing forward until I start to feel like I'm struggling, then go back for the unlocks, maybe after getting a new companion, which may help unlock new areas too.

Variety of enemies is good, trying to prioritise who to go for, whilst still having to deal with the other threats, is nice. In AW1, if I recall, they tended to just come at you one at a time, in this, if all 4/5 can shoot at you, they will! Still haven't found a shield... not sure if I've skipped a bit, or it's just later I get it. Would be handy though, as some enemy attacks don't seem like I can deflect them back.

Soldato
Played the beginning of this for a bit this afternoon and it's seriously impressive for a game that runs on the Quest 2/Pro.

Did make me pine for a PC version though, due to the graphic downgrades and frequent loading screens.

Soldato
Bit of advice for anyone following this. Do try and stick to the main quest for a fair while! Do one rift, then return etc. There's plenty of instructions/hints etc constantly revealed as you play through. I've not yet got what I assume is the blacksmith (well, might just have unlocked him, but quit before I could confirm), but have played for 6 hours I'd guess, and there's still new mechanics being introduced.

Puzzles so far have been interesting enough, not needlessly time consuming for the most part, even the "busy work" parts have been a 10-20 seconds of swapping things, rather than having to run back and forth for 30 seconds etc.

I do need to start using the quick access belt more, and playing with that, and apparently there's a shortcut to drink a health potion that I need to find, there again, a lot of the time I seem to go from 140 health, to 90ish, to dead in just 2 hits, so not much time for potions! It's still quite satisfying combat though. In large scale fights, I find my companion survives quite well, but against a few, but very strong opponents, they're just a distraction until they get overwhelmed. It does feel more like a skill issue on my part still though, on breaking through the soul armour the tough opponents have, and putting it on hardest difficulty should make it hard!

Soldato
I'm only level 2 but did my first Unchartered Rift yesterday. I was doing ok until I got to a battle on floor 3, when tried to use some of the items in my belt. Just to see what would happen. What happened was, I died. :p The item I tried to use didn't seem to do anything. I was probably going to die anyway, the mobs had all been level 7 at the start went to level 8 with skulls beside their health bars. It was fun though. I don't have a companion yet.

Soldato
I'm only level 2 but did my first Unchartered Rift yesterday. I was doing ok until I got to a battle on floor 3, when tried to use some of the items in my belt. Just to see what would happen. What happened was, I died. :p The item I tried to use didn't seem to do anything. I was probably going to die anyway, the mobs had all been level 7 at the start went to level 8 with skulls beside their health bars. It was fun though. I don't have a companion yet.

When I need to use something so far, I just open up the menu in the middle of combat, use what I need, then go back and hope I didn't pause it at too intense a moment in the fight.

I did one rift, since it was a bit of the story, then left them. I missed out on one of the chests because I see something shiny and it took me somewhere else first :(. I think in the rifts you have to buy a companion from one of the avatars reaching out to help? I don't think you take your animal companions in there with you (I haven't tried since getting one).

I can definitely see them being a nice way to just keep playing, and the fact you can send stuff back to the "real" world through the well, makes me think it's potentially a fun way to grind.

I've no idea what choosing Order/Chaos does though.

Soldato
Left stick click seems to be quick use. At least I keep getting my character complaining that they don't need to use an item as they're at full health when I click it.

Soldato
When I need to use something so far, I just open up the menu in the middle of combat, use what I need, then go back and hope I didn't pause it at too intense a moment in the fight.

That's what I normally do, but wanted to see would the belt items be any better.

I've no idea what choosing Order/Chaos does though.

You are obviously order. I am more chaos myself :p

Soldato
That's what I normally do, but wanted to see would the belt items be any better.

You are obviously order. I am more chaos myself :p
Well if you're going chaos I guess I have to go order. I'm now wondering if "treasures" tab in the inventory is basically sellables. Some of them I'm sure have been quest requirements though, so I'm reluctant to sell! Don't need the cash just yet, but things aren't cheap, planning on upgrading my followers gear first, since it doesn't seem to be locked behind the special items like the rest of the equipment.

Soldato
I have a 65, it'll do! But I don't play AW2 around it! Only mixed reality, or beat saber/pistol whip! Got to keep it safe!

It is easy to really get into the combat when you start to have a few attacking you at once though, I've hit a few walls, which is a far more painful experience without the titanium tracking rings of the q2!

Soldato
It is easy to really get into the combat when you start to have a few attacking you at once though, I've hit a few walls, which is a far more painful experience without the titanium tracking rings of the q2!

I miss the CV1 touch controllers which seemed to be made out of an alloy of Adamantium and Nokia Phone plastic. The balance was amazing too. The controllers just seemed to melt into your hands.

Associate
Left stick click seems to be quick use. At least I keep getting my character complaining that they don't need to use an item as they're at full health when I click it.
Yeah, I'm getting this a lot....

On the whole, the game seems good. The quest line doesn't really flow, and I've hard waypoint markets literally in the middle of nowhere (bug?). Not like subnautica either, where you have to dig out the storyline by exploration. It just doesn't seem to make sense/stick together.

The combat is excellent though.

Last edited:
Soldato
Update to improve graphics on the q3. Biggest difference for me is the fact they've removed the FFR, so now everything you can see is pretty. Have just come to teleporting enemies (christ I hate the timing on that, I just panic!) who also drop a pool of acid when they die, took me a death and a near death to realise what was happening.

Back
Top Bottom