Assetto Corsa OcUK TT Challenge! *Season 3*

Associate
Managed to get some laps in with F1 as my youngest isnt teething as badly.

Upto 3rd now, reckon i have at least another 0.5-1 seconds in my current set up, before more tweeking

id suggest to anyone taking part to reads the forums linked in Uncle Petey's signature, some very good set up tips on there

Soldato
OP
Just seen your new laptime Pete. I said yesterday you'll be 2 seconds ahead of me before long and you didn't think you'd manage it! :p
I didn't think I'd improve, but after seeing some of Stuart's sector times, I made it my mission to see where I was losing out.

I think I did the same when you were ahead in the 911R :)
Having people go faster than you can really help you to go quicker too if you're willing/able to put in the time. The leader board really helps with that.
Oh, and slight lift/downshift is the way to go ;)

ED: I noticed that I have the slowest straightline speed in the Williams. Did anyone lower their rear wing? I left mine stock.

id suggest to anyone taking part to reads the forums linked in Uncle Petey's signature, some very good set up tips on there

You mean this? I really should read that properly one of these days :o

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
D-D-Double post!

Here's my Williams setup if anyone wants to try it: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-vquWW7apz-QS1pZHRScUxtbW8
I'm sure it could be improved by a fair margin by someone who knows what they're doing.

Unzip and drop the text file in documents>AssettoCorsa>Setups>fc1_2009_williams_fw31>ks_brands_hatch

I'll have a look through my old Ginetta setups later on and see if I have anything that'll get it feeling better.

Soldato
Oh, and slight lift/downshift is the way to go ;)

ED: I noticed that I have the slowest straightline speed in the Williams. Did anyone lower their rear wing? I left mine stock.

Will play around later, see whether I can improve. I don't mind not winning but behind 2.5 seconds down sucks!

I actually added wing when I drove it. Where was the straightline speed measured? Considering how much quicker you are overall than me I doubt it's down to exit speed on previous corners, I think I maybe shortened the gearing a little but can't remember. Perhaps other setting changes you made have added drag?

Soldato
OP
It was the same before I changed anything IIRC. The original time was done on a stock setup with lowered fuel.
The setup I posted does have a maxed front wing. Either way, despite the straight bits, Brands favours a handling setup on the faster cars IMO. It's all about entry and exit speed.

Anyway, I died many times in the course of doing that lap :D I lost count of how many times I was up on the delta before crashing somewhere or having a really crap sector elsewhere.

I'll have another go later, and if I can improve or even get near that time again, I'll post an onboard vid so you can see where the time is made up.

Oh, and if you click on the driver name on the leaderboard, you can see info like max speed etc. I imagine it's taken on the back straight before the fast right.

Last edited:
Soldato
Talking about dying many times Petey, damage on a timetrial server is cruel! Not like we're going to be bouncing off walls to take a shortcut/avoid braking in AC! (well except maybe on a street circuit if we ever did one...)

Soldato
Talking about dying many times Petey, damage on a timetrial server is cruel! Not like we're going to be bouncing off walls to take a shortcut/avoid braking in AC! (well except maybe on a street circuit if we ever did one...)

Isn't damage set to 50%? You should try Iracing, you have gone over a high kerb, now your car is 4secs a lap slower. :mad:

Soldato
OP
Ok, I've set damage to zero, Tyre wear and fuel rate remain at 100%.

I wasn't sure if they changed it to have tyre and body damage separate, so I originally kept damage at 50% to make sure that you'll still get punished for flat spotting and stuff.

Soldato
Is the server playing up Petey? Keep getting disconnect messages saying the server can't be contacted whilst online :/
Also the RS1600 is such a tempermental little **** of a car! Really struggling to get consistent laps in it!

Soldato
OP
Here's a 1:01 flat.

Still room for improvement - especially in sector 1, but you get the idea.

Btw, turning damage off has resulted in no possible flatspotting...

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Get stuck in :)

Oh, that setup I posted has oddly changed a couple of things for some reason.
In the Electronics tab, change Brake Engine to 1/8 and put the rear wing to 50 (or lower if you're feeling brave).

Soldato
OP
I'm really enjoying the battle with Fireblade2K4 in the Williams :)
We've both got a 1:00.3 or lower in there, but getting it all done perfectly in a single lap is tricky as hell.

PinkFloyd, I don't know how you managed that time in the RS1600. I can't drive that thing at all.

Last edited:
Soldato
Crikey, you guys are putting in some serious volume of laps now :eek:
Will give the F1 car another shot tonight / over the weekend. Likewise the Ginetta and 500.

As for the RS1600, can't believe I'm that far ahead. Odd that ptracker isn't registering the lack of aids, but I did do those laps when the server was being a bit flakey. As for the time, like I said - it's a bit temperamental to drive. Doesn't react as consistently as I'd like, but at the same time this can make it hugely fun as you are really fighting it. Does feel like I'd expect from seeing video footage of seeing that era of cars race. Always slightly sideways in a constant balancing act.
I tweaked the setup and found it a lot better, firstly up the power diff to ~40 to cut out the inside wheel spinning up so much. I lowered the ride height all around and softened up the back a little for more traction, shortest possible gearing too.

Back
Top Bottom