Assetto Corsa

Soldato
Gave it a couple more laps:

uOdc.jpg

Soldato
I'm still certain the in-game Abarth isn't as quick as the real life one..... doesn't feel it anyway.

Going to Abarth day at silverstone on saturday so will stick the Mrs. in the real one round the track and see how she does :D

Soldato
I'm still certain the in-game Abarth isn't as quick as the real life one..... doesn't feel it anyway.

Going to Abarth day at silverstone on saturday so will stick the Mrs. in the real one round the track and see how she does :D

Good luck with the track day, sounds great fro sure:)

Feel of speed comes from peripheral vision, g-forces etc. VR should be better although its view angle is still less than optimal.

Numebrs wise, the Abarth seems ok (0-60mph/100kmh in 7.57sec)
abarth.jpg

Soldato
Get some measurements if you get a chance, always interesting to compare...

As for your trackday, do you know which version of Silversone you'll be using? (Do they ever open up the full F1 track for trackdays?)

I believe AC has 3 versions of Sstone as well as the Abarth, so I'd be doing lots of practice laps before your trip if I were you- IF you'll be going to the same track config of course :) Just set the track temp to 10C, tyres to street, and maybe track surface to "slow" as there wont be much rubbering in.

Associate

speeds deseptive in ac i think, 917 can feel likes its crawling round bends, then you look at speedo and its ok speed, or 85mph at lesmo's at monza

but put the turbo up to 100% and it pulls so hard, its a real beast :o
220 mph is around where the accelation slows down :O

Caporegime

As for your trackday, do you know which version of Silversone you'll be using? (Do they ever open up the full F1 track for trackdays?)

I believe AC has 3 versions of Sstone as well as the Abarth, so I'd be doing lots of practice laps before your trip if I were you- IF you'll be going to the same track config of course :) Just set the track temp to 10C, tyres to street, and maybe track surface to "slow" as there wont be much rubbering in.

was looking at trackdays / events the other day . havent done one for long time but there are some great ones about for not bad prices with some great cars.

Soldato
was looking at trackdays / events the other day . havent done one for long time but there are some great ones about for not bad prices with some great cars.
I've only been to a couple in a friend's car... looked at a few myself, but there is always a lot of small print about track day meaning something like 3 laps with traction/stability control on, no more than 15 minutes of driving time, etc etc. The only good ones that I found were Palmer motorsports events, but they cost 600-1000 pp. Thought about getting a track car, but ended up picking a mountain bike instead - cheaper and healthier :D

Associate
I did a track day years ago at Oulton Park in a formula ford, and before I'd ever played a driving game. I didn't know the circuit. I'd be interested to try it again now.

Have any of you ever gone from Assetto Corsa or something similar to drive a real car around the track?

Soldato

TBH I doubt I'll be doing the course, partly because I don't particularly want to bend my own car and secondly because the drivers brief is as 8am, which means we'd have to set off at 5am to get there and I don't really want to be driving back at the end of the day tired.

Not sure which course layout it'll be, but I'll get laptimes and compare them to what people have done ingame.

Back
Top Bottom