Assetto Corsa

Associate
I've been enjoying doing some online racing recently with the new Porsche's, am I missing something though? Theres no results or standings, you finish the race and that's it's the results gone, surely there's someway of seeing what position you came and comparing fastest laps?

Associate
that 919 lmp1 is a weapon, handles really nice, and speed wise it matched the 917/30 on the straight !

then i found the krs/boost button did something , so itll gobble up ai 917s atleast on boost :o, and utterly composed too.

the gt1 seems fine then you slip up without being told and then your spinning :(

Soldato
Took a few months away from driving but the Porsche DLC for AC made me dig out the wheel and had to have a crack at the Nords with the 911 GT3 RS.

I have been a simracer for 15 years, i have driven every sim there is and honestly nothing compares to the Assetto Corsa experience we have today.

Associate
It's a Sparco Sprint. On the tight side in the shoulder area but a reasonable fit for me (6' 2" - slim build, wide shoulders):

I would imagine the Evo is a little larger although I've never sat in one - nice seat, I was looking at one of those originally.

Soldato
Cool, thanks :) The EVO is good for waists up to 34" and I'm a 33", but I'm still a bit skeptical. It's been shipped now so I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Soldato
Fired up Assetto Corsa for the first time in ages last night. Nice to see they've finally changed it so you can put your car in gear before the lights go green in a race!
Also managed to find Logitech have now admitted to their being an issue with Windows Update clashing with their Wheel drivers and provided a fix. No more reinstalling drivers every time I want to use the wheel.

Checked out some of the cars in the Porsche pack. Loving the 962 around Spa, awesome fun. The old 911 CSR is good to hustle around the 'ring too. I tried the LMP car but didn't like the lack of visibility from a quick go. Goes like a rocket though!

I have an odd graphics issue since getting a new card though. Draw distance on shadows seem really poor, especially noticeable around Black Cat Country :(

Soldato
Few mod cars have no sound.. Gonna be like skyrim "Test each mod and remove the broken one"

I love this game.. Test every car and every track to see what doesn't load.

Associate
Got my Rift and waiting for my G29+shifter, loving Project cars (on controller for now) and was looking into also getting Assetto Corsa.

Anyone having issues on the Rift ?

Also how many cars and tracks (what overlap does it have with Pcars)?

Associate
The problem with AC and the Rift is the Rift only kicks in when you leave the menus and go to the race/practice sessions. I race all the time in the Rift unless it's really hot (not a problem at this time of year). Once in the game proper the menus all work in the Rift just fine as long as you can find you mouse. You can change setup, interact with the apps etc. I ended up buying a track ball thing as my mouse tends to move as it's on the same shelf as the wheel which caused it to run around on its own.

There is also the odd problem where the default seat position is wrong but that can be fixed with the seat position app. Not a big issue.

Back
Top Bottom